Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing North America first week of April - where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
First time poster here. Hi All!
Myself, my wife and two children will be jetting to LA from Australia on March 28 this year and we wish to spend the first week of our trip skiing somewhere in the US or Canada. Where would we have the best chance of finding decent snow? We have skied California a couple of times at about that time of year and it has been awesome but this year doesn't look like being too flash (and we'd also like to try somewhere new). We're more 'natural scenery' people as opposed to 'big cities and bright lights' people so nightlife isn't really important (although decent restaurants are). Cost isn't a huge factor. Whistler sounds good but we've heard of the slushy snow at that time of year. Maybe somewhere with good elevation like Snowbird in Utah or Breckenridge in Colorado? Sunshine at Banff also sounds great. Another factor in our decision is having other things to see in the general area when we're not on the slopes.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sbooker, since we are heading to the alps this year, I haven't been following the storms out west as closely as I normally do. I have heard, Pacific Northwest and Tahoe are struggling. Im mixed on Tahoe, probably as I just have had mixed conditions in the past. Colorado has also had long streches without snow this year. It very well might be warm (but as easily super stormy) so even good snow could get slushy by the afternoon. I have been to alta and it's been great in April. There is not a lot to do at alta if not doing outdoor winter stuff, tho, so be forewarned. Whistler has a glacier and yes, there is a lot to do otherwise there. Big sky is the gateway to Yellowstone and it's a big mountain. I have been to both aspen and vail in April, both good times. Remember aspen has 3 big mtns, I like highland and snowmass more, personally. Last thing, look at Taos, it's high enough to hold snow well, and New Mexico is a really interesting place to visit. Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banff - Scenery to die for and if they don't have snow, no one does. Stay in Banff, Ski Sunshine, Lake Lousie and Norquay.
Whistler may be slushy down low but will be good at the top, but the place is a zoo, but if you want a BIG sik area it's the only real option.
Compared to the two above the USA has nothing to offer (sorry guys but, been there skied that, wondered what all the fus was about)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sbooker, Firstly, I'd check where will be open, as many areas close due to being forestry land or national parks - not due to lack of snow Smile

What are you planning for the rest of your trip, as this may have some bearing on where you go also.

Haven't skied in April in North America but have spent the last 2 weeks of March there before in numerous places. Yes its warm but they also had good snow for the time of year, with fresh stuff arriving too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy