Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer from Geneva to Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for companies to use? Flight gets in at 11:45 and would like an hour or two on the slopes if possible!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
could just get to the airport and pay which ever company is leaving first Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think there may be some regulations about having to pre book. Check with Cham EXPRESS.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
no, that's why they have reps at GVA to sell seats and make commission Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DONT ever book Chamonix express, especially if you need a reliable service to meet your flight in Geneva. They are many other bus services available. Do your research and make sure they will guarantee to pick you up
I had an awfull experience with Chamonix / Megeve Express last weekend (1 Feb 2014). They called me 2 hours before pick-up to tell me they wouldnt pick me up in Megeve as agreed and payed for. Their excuse was a fallen tree on the road. First I had some symphathy, but realised they just lied to me. They told me I could take a taxi of bus down to a near Village Salanche (30 mins away) where they would pick me up and drive me to Geneva.
When I asked how I could come down with a taxi if there was a tree on the road, they told me there was an alternative road. I then asked why they didnt use that alt. road to pick me, they came with some BS excuse about insurance. If your main line of service is dropping people off in mountain resorts, you would think you have your insurance sorted. My guess is that I was the only passenger in Megeve and it wasnt worth the trouble to pick up just one person.

The guy on the phone was rude, unwilling to privide me any service, such as booking me a taxi/ other transport. and they refused to refund my money. I am still gobsmacked about how they treat their customers and have never experienced such poor service.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If times work, easybus.co.uk seem often to be cheapest

Otherwise, we recommend www.haute-transfers.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eddiethebus wrote:
no, that's why they have reps at GVA to sell seats and make commission Smile

as far as i'm aware only shiteexpress and alpybus have a 'gare routiere' license which enables them to sell tickets via the information desk. all the other companies for all other resorts are not allowed to sell tickets to 'walk-ups'. the reps are there to organise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When has not being allowed to take "walk-ups" ever prevented enterprising transer drivers from finding a way to fill empty seats on their shuttle?
The simplicity is that the other passengers do not know how many people you are suppossed to have, and so long as you take the money discretely ( ie when you drop them off), nobody is any the wiser. In 4 years of transfer driving I only ever had my passenger mainfest check twice, once at the charter terminal by a bored gendarme, and once at the private jet terminal so the flunkies would bring the right people to the right van.
I am not saying that I condone this, but it DOES go on, it is remarkably EASY to perptrate, and the risk of detection is MINIMAL.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used Mountain Drop-Offs last week.
Good service, no problems.

If you are going for a shared transfer, remember that you may have to wait for another flight. So if timing is crucial and price isn't a problem, then don't do shared transfer.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not being allowed to take "walk-ups" doesn't stop you enquiring if there are spaces and then using GVA's free wifi to make an online booking for the transfer departing 10 minutes later.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chamexpress, mountain drop offs, alpybus and easybus will all take walk-ups.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jojo3, i never knew chamexpress did megeve pickups. Could be
useful for me sometimes. Is it on their website?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laughing nice try
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Used ChamExpress a fortnight ago when i went with Clubmed (accom only). Whilst my mates walked straight onto the Clubmed taxis I waited for 2 hours with chamexpress - although admit was one hour early. Stuffed into the minibus which was designed for 10 year olds. Drop off for La Thuile and Megeve.

Enroute home the guy did come to Clubmed door. Again pick ups for Megeve and other resort. Mate got to the airport at same time as me and had extra 45 minutes in bed.

Got me there. Decent price. Can't compare with clubmed service (which I was not) but sure there are better out there who go direct to chamonix in a minibus desoigned for adults.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i'd be amazed if it really dropped off at la thuile and megeve before going to Chamonix......
snow report
Stopping in car parks to transfer punters between minibus. I was too busy trying to breathe to take much note!
snow conditions
I endured a long transfer back in December with Cham Express. Booked in advance, but transfer was late leaving GVA, much counting/recounting of heads. Hike to the car park. Followed by stop off in Les Houches at their office, where I stood around while they organised buses for folks going to Aosta. Took 2 hours and 2 minibuses to get to Chamonix. Return journey was as expected.
snow report
I always book mountain drop offs. Few times a year return for last three years, very reliable, never had a problem.
ski holidays
jojo3 wrote:
DONT ever book Chamonix express, especially if you need a reliable service to meet your flight in Geneva. They are many other bus services available. Do your research and make sure they will guarantee to pick you up
I had an awfull experience with Chamonix / Megeve Express last weekend (1 Feb 2014). They called me 2 hours before pick-up to tell me they wouldnt pick me up in Megeve as agreed and payed for. Their excuse was a fallen tree on the road. First I had some symphathy, but realised they just lied to me. They told me I could take a taxi of bus down to a near Village Salanche (30 mins away) where they would pick me up and drive me to Geneva.
When I asked how I could come down with a taxi if there was a tree on the road, they told me there was an alternative road. I then asked why they didnt use that alt. road to pick me, they came with some BS excuse about insurance. If your main line of service is dropping people off in mountain resorts, you would think you have your insurance sorted. My guess is that I was the only passenger in Megeve and it wasnt worth the trouble to pick up just one person.

The guy on the phone was rude, unwilling to provide me any service, such as booking me a taxi/ other transport. and they refused to refund my money. I am still gobsmacked about how they treat their customers and have never experienced such poor service.

Well jojo3. single poster. couldn't let this one go. Show's how some passengers leave their brains at home despite all you can do to help them and then come on a forum to rant about something that was of their own creation. For the readers information, it was suggested to them that they take a taxi to Le fayet (not the same road as the blocked one) due to the road from Megeve to sallanches being closed as a tree had fallen on a car! so they could meet our (alternative) bus there. Simples. As the original bus was stuck coming up on the wrong side of the incident.

Here's the news article confirming just that. http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-nord/2015/02/01/conditions-circulations-difficiles-sur-l-a48

17h45 : En Haute Savoie, la route départementale 1212, qui relie notamment Sallanches aux stations de Megève et Combloux a dû être coupée avant l’arrivée à cette dernière. Sous le poids de la neige, des arbres se sont en effet couchées sur la voie et sur une voiture. Une personne était à bord mais elle est indemne. Elle a quand même été transportée à l'hôpital de Sallanches par précautions La situation devrait pouvoir revenir à la normale dans les heures à venir.

No pleasing some people is there? We are SO unreasonable. But then maybe they didn't want help trying to still get them to the airport in heavy snow?

So who's the 'liar' now eh? Jojo?

Happy

Andrew
snow report
@OliC, Oli Carr, you do make me laugh. Happy I really must get around to writing a book one of these days.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy