Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FreeFloFloss touring tips videos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Haven't seen theses mentioned before so thought I'd flag them up.

@FreeFloFloss who's well known to many here from her instructing at various bashes, has been posting short off piste and touring hints and tips on her YouTube channel. Definitely worth a look, particularly if you're new to off piste.

https://youtube.com/channel/UChTn-FmyezDlmkd2s-xiGFQ

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-12-20 19:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice. I want her life (for a month or two pa) snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty much all you need to know going up

http://youtube.com/v/sSsRi1zTAtQ
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Water can also get under the toe piece and freeze. Best to open and shut the toe of the binding a couple of times before putting your boot in the binding.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@FreeFloFlos, joined by @HuskyDave, for this weeks video.

http://youtube.com/v/nDcVH4hm_ZU
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@adithorp, nice video thanks for posting... The tip on putting your riser up on the lower leg in cambered terrain sounds good to me Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
@adithorp, nice video thanks for posting... The tip on putting your riser up on the lower leg in cambered terrain sounds good to me Smile

http://youtube.com/v/BDtvzCgPlEc
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidof, interesting that he doesn't like tail clips on that video
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski wrote:
@davidof, interesting that he doesn't like tail clips on that video

No I don't like them much. They are a false good idea, IMHO, as they can come unclipped on a tour, drag in the snow and pull the skin off from the tail. They seem to be a throwback to when real seal skins were used and held on by clips rather than glue. I would always advise having powertape or such like in the bag though for skin issues.

The skin folding trick is a good idea although I don't really like taking my skins off on transitions as you end up getting snow in the lugs and bindings. I had someone lose a skin in the wind once, lucky we were heading down. He's right about keeping skins inside his jacket if he is doing another ascent as they'll stick better. That should be tip #4 on his video.

I've not tried his Dahu trick, it seems like a faff if you are zig-zagging up slopes but if you climb like a Dahu by spiraling around the mountain and have hip replacements or something it might be a good idea. I suspect the advice comes from working with the groups Dave is taking out. In general a traversing track will have both tracks at the same level within a cm or two. I never use the risers so maybe it is just me anyway.

I looked at Flo's skinning mistakes. It's pretty basic stuff but I suspect Dave and Flo are basing all this on what they see their clients doing so although it may seem fairly obvious I expect it is empirical.

Something to watch during lockdown in any case.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy