Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski race for a 14 year old boy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello.
I need advise. My soon is 14 years old and he does racing in Europe, he has been doing racing for around 3 years now, he does well but he is still learning. He is very thing, 37 kilos and he is 162 tall.
Could you please give me advise about the ski i need to buy.
1. Shall I buy one for GS and one for SL slalom or just one and kind of hybrid. This is the type he is using now
2.Shall I buy an adult or juniur ski. The problem that i see with the adult is that the skis for GS they start in a very high height 165, 170 and i wonder if this will not be too tall for him. He is using now one of 155 cm.
3. Any branch? (racetiger, fischer...)
Thank you in advance for your advise.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@csanchez,

Does your son belong to a ski club or have a coach? If so they would know how your son ski's and would be best to advise on the correct ski.

Otherwise different SL and GS skis. Junior skis rather than adult skis as with his weight he probably will not be able to bend adult skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Yes, he belongs a ski club , I will ask his instructor too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@csanchez, If he races for a ski club in Europe not only will the instructor advise but I suspect they should be able to get you a club discount .
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@csanchez, He should definitely be able to get heavily discounted skis through his coaches or ski club.

Definitely junior skis. Definitely a dedicated salmon and GS ski. Be careful letting him ski the GS race ski on piste in general, both the speed and radius a racing kid generates are problematic for other slope users. They are best kept for cleared race tracks. I never let me kids ski on them recreationally. The slalom ones will be fine for this though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you very much for your advise.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rob Mackley wrote:
@csanchez, If he races for a ski club in Europe not only will the instructor advise but I suspect they should be able to get you a club discount .

Thanks, i will ask.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy