Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Active retraction - ankle weights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was wondering if anyone trains with ankle weights? Pressing on the ski it would seem, is natural, we all walk. Lifting 2-3 kilos of metal and plastic to bring the ski back in seems more unnatural and I wonder if just walking around in ankle weights might provide some training for this.

Anyone experimented with this? I think I'll have a go next year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@motdoc, Training with more load than is normal for endurance sports is a standard method. If you were going ski touring it would have direct easy to define benefit.

Anyway, it shouldn’t do any harm, provided the weights fit properly and don’t cause rubbing or bruises.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@motdoc, why are you “lifting the ski to bring it back in”?

Or are you skating?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
De weighting inside ski. Harald harb goes on about active retraction. Sharp turns in deep snow, touring.

It just seems to me that we spend almost all our lives without weights strpped to our legs, then expect it to be fine when we do eg skiing. I wonder if there would be benefit to stabilising muscles and proprioception.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy