Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Salzburgerland January '15

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As most years, I headed out with Sparrow to see our mate Monster in Austria.

Arrived Thursday lunchtime and headed to the vast expanse that is Eben for a little afternoon slide.

IMG_0694 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Met this cool dog over a quick half ...

IMG_0696 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Then walked up to the Alm above Filzmoos for some supper. Live music was the order of the day

IMG_0713 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Up bright and early on Friday to tour up to Sudwienerhutte, on the way to Obertauern. Pete and Steve looking thrilled at the prospect of a few hours climbing!

IMG_0728 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Pete admiring the view (and no doubt catching his breath)

IMG_0735 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Steve enjoying his new splitboard (thanks to steveomcd)

IMG_0737 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Sometimes we wonder if it's all worth it on the schlep up, but here there was a sign!

IMG_0739 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Still enough fuel in the tank for a gratuitous selfie ...

IMG_0741 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Quick breather in the hutte before heading up towards the summit

IMG_0747 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Started to get very windy so we only climbed another 30 - 40 minutes before Steve got to spend some time fiddling with the splitboard reconstruction!

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 16.31.55 by cjcspier, on Flickr

A few screenshots from the ride down - some fresh snow to be had but a poor start to the season meant lots of obstacles and visible tree stumps etc. I doubt I'll lose a day of my life to editing the footage!

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 15.24.54 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 15.28.23 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 15.42.25 by cjcspier, on Flickr

... and a beer at the bottom. A comparison of the smiles on show will identify my good self as being designated driver

IMG_0749 by cjcspier, on Flickr

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 21-01-15 9:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
... continued....

Had a hoon around Flachau on the Saturday with Scarpa but no photographic evidence, so on to Sunday when we headed over to Muhlbach where we found maybe 10cm of fresh snow to play in.

Pete was having some teething issues with his new Inspector Gadget bindings

IMG_0755 by cjcspier, on Flickr

But we recovered over lunch

IMG_0760 by cjcspier, on Flickr

.. and he managed to get almost a whole second of air time on camera

IMG_0785 by cjcspier, on Flickr

before taking some bad photos of my good self

IMG_0808 by cjcspier, on Flickr

IMG_0813 by cjcspier, on Flickr

IMG_0818 by cjcspier, on Flickr

A great trip as usual, and my first visit to Muhlbach. I will be back - loads and loads to go at simply by diving into the trees and a quick scan around and about revealed quite a lot of established touring routes as well.

Don't tell too many people or it will start getting as quickly tracked out as Zauchensee ...!!!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 21-01-15 10:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@zammo,
Quote:

Don't tell too many people or it will start getting as quickly tracked out as Zauchensee

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I know!

Sorry I missed you, please lets catch up next time, I have a really cool place I WILL not mention on here that you will love wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Kooky, I look forward to it!

... also fixed the photo sizes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@zammo, great to ski with you guys and catch up Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarpa, likewise. Will let you know if I manage to get out again this season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy