Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where has good snow conditions within 3 hours of Geneva?

Poster: A snowHead
First time poster (long term lurker and recent joiner).

We are flying into Geneva Thursday week, at this stage, Megeve is/was booked.

However, may divert to elsewhere, if we can find some good snow.

Ideas welcome please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowheads, @BbqBob. I'd wait and see what the next week brings in terms of snow. Megeve might be fine by then but if you do have to divert, for example to Tignes there should be accommodation available. Though booking non standard weeks is always a slight hassle.

There might be good options elsewhere, too, maybe Verbier, maybe Italy (through the Mont Blanc tunnel). The weather outlook is pretty uncertain.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @pam_w

Plenty food for thought. ....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BbqBob, yeah, hold off...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BbqBob, Welcome - I understand your conundrum - but there will be significant snow in the Alps this week - we just don't know where yet. Of course, today I would say Tignes (just about 3 hrs in a car from GVA) but all may change this week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's nearly a fortnight - a lot can change by then. I'd wait until after next weekend to make a decision if you can.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Better off booking somewhere that has snow now, not , places where ppl think snow is coming
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Accommodation unlikely to be an issue Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cervinia, Italy. just over 2 hours from Geneva. Try the hotel Mon Reve for accomodation
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mckeann, i think I'd not ski rather than ski Cervinia. Other than with a helo.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Other than with a helo

Puzzled I've never been to Cervinia though it's never appealed, from the descriptions. But is it really that awful? And what's a helo? Oh, helicopter I suppose?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We went to Cervinia early December and it was excellent- good skiing, food, and the most amazing scenery. Try hotel Miravidi.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are presently in La Plagne, I have been when the snow has been better, there is ice is places & it's pretty chilly but there is snow, there was some today & more expected Thursday, quite a bit I believe. Hope this helps Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, harsh! Cervinia doesn't have much in the way of challenging terrain, but I think it's a decent resort...some very nice places to eat too wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ChrisWo, probably too harsh. Broke that resolution, again... Embarassed

I am quite prepared to agree that the scenery is amazing. Especially from the glacier behind the Matterhorn, accessed from God's own uplift (a helicopter).

I will confess that we've never eaten there, but it's Italy, so one can presume that's good/excellent.

But the 2 or 3 days we've skied there we found the skiing to be exactly what you expect on a glacier (flat and uninteresting) and over groomed where there was any challenge.

It was also exposed and bitterly cold although that's just the weather we got.

If it was my choice, I'd carry on to Champoluc/Monterosa.
latest report
We tend to go early season, so it's pretty quiet (which I suspect helps a lot), but this year was the first time we've been when the new(ish) chair to the left of the piste map has been open, and we were impressed with the runs off that. Still not super difficult, but a little bit steeper than what's available elsewhere.

I'm off topic though...I have no useful info on snow conditions, but if I was flying out next week sometime then if be waiting to see what the forecast does. It's a quiet week so accommodation should be findable pretty much anywhere.
ski holidays
Quote:

I'm off topic

- that's the while point of the internet isn't it? Twisted Evil

If the link between Cervinia and Champoluc goes ahead, that will be really interesting... snowHead
snow report
In the last 3 weeks, I've skiied in Crans Montana, Leysin, Verbier and St Luc / Chandolin. Of those, St Luc had the best conditions and Leysin the worst, but i've had some great skiing. With the weather thats due to move in later this week, everywhere should be fairly ok. Crans Montana was my most recent ski (this weekend), we had some grim ish pistes around the Grand Signal gondola, but lovely conditions higher up - it then snowed Sunday morning and everywhere got a pretty decent refresh, with a decent belt of off piste up high.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@mckeann, i think I'd not ski rather than ski Cervinia. Other than with a helo.

I enjoyed cervinia although did find valternouche nicer
ski holidays
Thanks all so far.

9 days till we fly, and nervous!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy