Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice and opinions

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
Im new to this site but have recently gotten back into skiing and boarding and thought id chat with fellow board/skiiers.

I have recently bought my new outfit for february's skiing with friends the one i have purchased is the : Analog Boundary 2 Jacket and Pants in White Camo, This is the outfit http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/311552%7C%7Canalog~@c~@b%7C0%7Cuser%7C1,0,0,1%7C4%7C,

What do you guys think of this outfit? and could anybody suggest a decent hat and set of gloves to go with it?
Cheers
Lee Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like that outfit has enough pockets to fit in an i-pod AND your stash.....you'll look just dandy sat in the middle of the slopes, just remember to pick a prime position just over a blind crest...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any hat with a fleece ban inside will do fine, or maybe a helmet - the R.E.D Trace in the murky white colour would go well.

Clearly you also need an assault rifle on your back.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHeads Vapor! snowHead

I am sure you will receive lots of fine comments on your new outfit - in anticipation, don't take them too much to heart Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Vapor, welcome. I think you will be OK so long as you dont wear the trousers around your knees Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Vapor, Toofy Grin brace yourself mate!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vapor, you are brave.. oh so very brave snowHead ..I don`t think anyone should mess with dis crazy fool.. cammo gear today .. slope domination tomorrow... jail for crimes against fashion a week on wednesday Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'll be very well camouflaged for sitting down in the middle of the piste Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kermit, no no the cammo is so those crazy marmots don`t get him.. you know the ones that jump out of no-where.. knock you over and then disappear before anyone else has spotted them... stealth marmots.. they are an elite and skier/boarder brigade I `ll have you know.. trained by dissident Russian Musk Ox in Siberia before being unleashed on teh worlds ski slopes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Definitely a helmet rather than a hat for that outfit:
http://www.junkigear.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=198
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Vapor,Welcome, don't buy it unless you can aford the belt or braces to hold the trousers up. You will look silly and will only be able to waddle.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
First and last post
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Everyone,

I am a student from Northumbria University studying Industrial Design. For my final project I am researching the possibility of a Sat Nav device for ski resorts. An example of one of the features includes the ability to keep track of friends or children through a tracker device that can be worn that would be visible on the Sat Nav unit. I was hoping to get thoughts and opinions from all you ski enthusiasts to able me in my ability to target the design at the right market. If you would like to comment, please could you leave your age and whether a bit of info about yourself e.g if you have kids, so i can build up a profile of the target market. Many thanks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
toogie71,

welcome to shs even if you're just using us for free research. I suggest you consider Search and Rescue applications first then the more mundane applications. Do some reading on transceivers and thier potential range - not huge. I think your issue will be transmission capability.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think the "device" already exist. Some kind of RF-ID band for the children to wear...

I think toogie71 is merely looking for potential market as to putting the info on a Sat-nav device?
latest report
abc wrote:
I think the "device" already exist. Some kind of RF-ID band for the children to wear...

I think toogie71 is merely looking for potential market as to putting the info on a Sat-nav device?

Oh OK - I'm not in the potential market as it would be a pointless gimmick to me.
snow report
Vapor, I can see a bright orange helmet being required with that lot!! What is it with snowboarding stuff that you have to be able to fit about 5 bodies in it at one time Puzzled I can guess that some degree of movement must be required, but that weblink shows an outfit distinctly on the extreme baggy side
ski holidays
martski wrote:
First and last post

How typical of Vaporwear.
latest report
Ok cheers for the answers guys,
But i am also looking at a secondary ski Outfit which is in the form of the Westbeach Maverick In Black and White
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/314604%7C%7Cwestbeach~@c~@b~@g~~@s~%7C0%7Cuser%7C1,0,0,1%7C14%7C#
Any opinions on this jacket?
Anybody got some links to other good outfits that range from £200 to £300 max (pants + Jacket)
snow conditions
Orange is this years camoflage. wink

Welcome to snowheads, excellent and ballsy first post. Laughing
snow report
Vapor, I recommend a ridiculous fleecy hat with dreadlocks or antlers (or possibly both), if only to distract people's attention from those suits. Laughing
snow conditions
lol why what is up with them?
Come on guys a serious answer as to why you dont like either and what would be a good choice of suit?
ski holidays
Vapor,

https://www.karmaloop.com/products.asp?ProductID=24946&VendorCode=NIX

or http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/shop/winter/surf/mens/accessories/hats-and-gloves/product/fox-punisher/9099.htm

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 24-10-07 14:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Vapor, 'Suit' is a baaaad choice. Laughing Cutting edge trendy is a fairly bad choice as well, unless you plan to buy new every year - think of those elderly types wandering about in their '80s Nevica one-pieces and rear-entry boots.

On the other hand, you could just wear whatever you like and give the prongs to people who poke fun at you. Who do they think they are anyway?
latest report
Vapor, just buy your clothes already! why on earth would you seek fashion advice from a bunch of randoms on the internet Puzzled

for the record, i hope your steeze is up to that gear - if not you will look soy, no question
snow report
Vapor, matching jackets and trousers like that look a bit like an overgrown rompersuit. Although I understand that the trendy young things are reclaiming those these days. Far better to have a motif from the jacket repeated subtlely in the trousers or vice versa.
snow report
Vapor, don't take any notice, they're nasty horrid people, I think that suit looks perfectly sweet and cuddly.
snow conditions
Vapor, I think the average age of snowHead might have some bearing on the above comments.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Vapor, dude... the average snowhead age I am guessing is well older than you (and me)...

...since turning 30 I occasionally like to take advantage of the fact it gives me the god given right to complain about the youth of today, the awful racket they call music, their rudeness and lack of respect, the fact they don`t write original muisic but remix and steal old songs from when I were a lad etc etc.. but then I realise hang on a minute...I ain`t old...I have a mental age of somebody quite a bit younger...

Quite like the Westbeach.. not the b/w.. the other one.. can`t really descibe the colours too well. Prefer it to the cammo one too.

Take a look at Bonfire.. I got an awesome down jacket a couple of years ago.. thinking about replacing it with a Bonfire Strobe in Bright Blue.. I have convinced a young lady to come and check it out with me in Boardwise on Thurs night.. just to make sure I don`t look like a total berk..

I would advise you to take a good friend along with you.. someone who is going to give you an honest opinion.. whether you like it or not..

Also the most important thing is functionality.. make sure it is at least 10,000m waterproof/breathable.. this means when you sit on your butt, as all snowboarders do, you won`t get a wet bum. maybe i am old after all...damn Crying or Very sad

snowHead
ski holidays
mrtoastie, you sound like an old fart to me. Laughing
snow report
.. yep I linger around like a bad smell Laughing
snow conditions
mrtoastie, it's the word 'dude' - used by tossers and people trying to be down with the kidz.
latest report
... mm I guess i must be a tosser... always wondered why my right arm was so much stronger than my left.. oh and strangely out of proportion when compared to the rest of my body.. I could almost be a Londoner.. Laughing
snow report
Right well i popped down the road in to ellis brigham before and tried on yet some more outfits,
I decided as i already have the analog boundary camo as my outragous outfit i would get a slightly toned down one too,

I have looked at the
Bonfire Arc Pants In Mocha = £110 Waterproof/Breath = 10k/12k
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Bonfire_Arc_Pants_07_08__mocha__-__109.99.html

And The
Bonfire Venture Jacket In Silk = £120 Waterproof/Breath = 7k/8k
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/312604%7C%7C@cSnowsports%20Clothing%20-%20Men's@bBonfire%7C0%7Cuser%7C1,0,0,1%7C9%7C

P.S = I am a medium but would get the pants in large as i tried them on and they fit nice and a bit on the baggy side,

Please give opinions on this choice,
Cheers once again
Vapor

Oh and by the way im only 19 so i want serious answers lol after all you aint going to see me in a yellow and red all in one lol rolling eyes
ski holidays
Vapor, both look good and I would wear them.
I guess that is a 'kiss of death' then, 'cos I'm 52!
snow report
Vapor, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

The black and white suit would stand out best but they both look cool. I wouldn't be brave enough to wear either Very Happy
snow conditions
Think ill go with the brown, Why wouldnt you be brave enough to wear either??
Is this site full of oldies ??
Am i the only youngster Laughing
snow report
Vapor wrote:
.. Why wouldnt you be brave enough to wear either??
Is this site full of oldies ??
Laughing

Not completely, but I may just fall into the oldie category Toofy Grin .

Bet you wouldn't wear the colour of ski suite I wore when I was young - all that fluorescent turquoise and pink rolling eyes

snowHead
ski holidays
lol your probably right to be honest
ski holidays
Vapor, The Bonfire stuff - Mocha pants and Silk jacket - look excellent.

(Oh and just because I'm old, doesn't mean I can't have good taste NehNeh )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy