Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does Ryanair ski carraige include a ski boot bag in addition to ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks

Hopefully someone can help ;

Does Ryanair ski carraige include a ski boot bag in addition to ski bag

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry kendub, it's all very clear on their website: "Sports Equipment* Fee charged per Item/ Per One Way Flight A maximum weight of 20kg per item"

It's per item. We are no longer in the days of simple ski carriage, I'm afraid. You are booking "SPORTS EQUIPMENT" not "ski carriage" and it's on a per-item basis, the same as their luggage. Boots go in your luggage and contribute to your weight allowance, I'm afraid. There is some debate about whether boots can go in hand luggage or not. I've seen people do it and others say you can't. Depends on who's checking on the day and what side of the bed they got out of, I suppose.

You can, according to customer services, put boots and skis in the same bag - a friend of mine checked. Not that I'm aware of any bags where this can be done, but I'm fine with my large snowboard bag where the board & boots fit in together... snowHead

The answer is clear. Ditch the boots and learn to snowboard.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carled, my skis are short enough to be able to use a snowboard bad , so no need to change Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, So are mine but it's a 185cm bag and they just fit! This constant baggage rule changes is a pain, when will they start charging by person's weight???
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think this is just Ryanair policy. With Thomsonfly for example the £15 each way ski carriage charge includes a separate ski and boot bag and does not affect your 20kg luggage allowance.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i get my snowboard boots and my wife ski boots in with my snowboard in one bag.. leaving more kilos for her make up in the normal luggage .. hand luggage is of course taken up but about 5 kilos of magazines bought at the airport
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had a flight to/from Salzberg with Ryanair and I payed for ONE Large Sports Equipment-took two pairs of ski in one ski bag (along with the rest of my gear and clothes!) and a separate boot bag (total weighing about 30kg) and accepted with no issues both ways. The boot bag does not cost extra. I also took another pair of ski boots in a bag on as hand luggage with no issues.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just wear your ski boots, jobs a good'un! wink seriously though, I'm sure i've seen combi bags out there somewhere, so you should be able to get skis, boots and holiday gear in.

Edit - just noticed this post is from 6 years ago
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you can bring your boots on Ryanair as cabin luggage, once they are in a bag that is the correct size. You can also book on ski equipment under sports gear. Flying to memmengin with the family on Saturday we will bring our boots on board.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Since this subject has been discussed on numerous occasions previously, I will immediately confirm that many people have said on here that they have had no problems with placing boots in hand luggage. In the past, I have also done this. However, I can confirm that a few years ago one TO advised our group that it was no longer allowed for that trip and cited air-safety concerns. Furthermore, on an Easyjet flight from Southend-On-Sea to Geneva one of our group was stopped at the security search and made to return to the check-in desk, check-in his hand luggage containing boots, and pay £25. There appears to be no hard and fast rules covering all airlines and airports and the OP should maybe check first with his airline and airport before travelling.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mr Marmot, Shocked hope that doesn't happen us, It is only last march since we flew with our boots in our bag. What is the safety issue with a pair of boots? I suppose you could hijack a plane by putting on your boots and threatening to kick a pilot ? No more dangerous than a bottle of vodka bought in duty free ? I often wonder about these rules? and was it just an over zealous security person that implemented it as it doesn't seem to be an airline problem.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@biddpyat I don't disagree with your comments regarding the apparent stupidity of the supposed security/safety issue of taking ski boots on an aeroplane. If you Google the question you'll find those people who have never had a problem and those who have been stopped. So quite apart from the question of whether it is a realistic security/safety problem or not, you have the issue of whether every airline/airport enforces this 'rule' or not. Life might be much more easier if there was consistent information available and fewer Jobsworths about. Puzzled Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I agree with you, I googled it, but found nothing on airport security about it, some airlines will, some won't but I think it is the individual airline that makes the choice, perhaps I didn't get the right wording in my google search. In the case of Ryanair though, if the boot bag is small enough, ie just one pair of boots , it will get on board. Unless they have changed it in recent months.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy