Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton & Arlberg

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I am currently working in St Anton and have spent the last 6 weeks skiing the Arlberg area. So far I can report the conditions haven't been great in St Anton as there has been minimal snowfall and the snow we have had has been sporadic at best.

I have written a few posts about trips to Stuben, Lech, Zurs and the Weiße Ring which you can find here. If anybody has any questions about the area or would like more information please don't hesitate to ask.

www.powderpursuit.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks,

HH
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there's an existing topic you'd be better posting in, especially with "on the ground" info

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=110527
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back from a week in St Anton.

Here is my edit, it shows the conditions at various parts of the resort.

http://youtube.com/v/9mN3TsEmrcs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice, video, snow looks fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@nolooney1997, that's a really well put together vid!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@kitenski
Quote:

@nolooney1997, that's a really well put together vid!
Mon 19 Jan, 15
21:37     

@kitenski thank you very much! I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to promoting my vids. I don't have a big network, I just want people to see what an awesome resort St Anton is and to get stoked for skiing! If you could share it around I would be really grateful as you are clearly well respected on the forums Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice work!

Are your aspirations in movie work or wintersports?

Get over to the Arlberg report. Link above
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^^That is a really slick edit, good work!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
Nice work!

Are your aspirations in movie work or wintersports?

Get over to the Arlberg report. Link above

thanks! I really appreciate the support! I'm actually a tennis coach haha. I would love to be able to spend more than 1 week a year shredding and filming though, would give me so much more to edit in my free time and create more movies! What do you mean get over to the arlberg report? Sorry I don't follow, what link?
If you really like the video please help me spread it by sharing where possible and subscribing on YouTube etc 😀👍
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

clarky999
FreeRider
^^That is a really slick edit, good work!!

Tue 20 Jan, 15
00:13     

cheers mate please share 👍👍👍👏👏👏😃😀😀
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nolooney1997, nice video. What I think @stanton, was suggesting was if you post your video on the existing Arlberg thread (link below)

more people will see it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nozawaonsen wrote:
@nolooney1997, nice video. What I think @stanton, was suggesting was if you post your video on the existing Arlberg thread (link below)

more people will see it.

Ok mate will do thanks for help! 😃👍👌
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nolooney1997, in all seriousness did you "plan" what shots to take, it is one of the best "joe public" video I have seen in quite some time.

I may steal some ideas for when I goto Stuben in April!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
super video, very creative

Like the co,our coordinated skis and pants too

PS what was all that white stuff in sat anton? Have they painted all the grass and rocks white ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski wrote:
@nolooney1997, in all seriousness did you "plan" what shots to take, it is one of the best "joe public" video I have seen in quite some time.

I may steal some ideas for when I goto Stuben in April!!

Yeah I had a few shots I mind so that I would find it easier to edit. I just made a note of cool things I wanted to try that I'd seen in other edits and lumped them together. I'm glad you enjoyed it, please share etc @kittenski

The chair lift time lapse is from stuben! Was a real windy day when we went there though, would be awesome in better conditions 😃
snow conditions
sev112 wrote:
super video, very creative

Like the co,our coordinated skis and pants too

PS what was all that white stuff in sat anton? Have they painted all the grass and rocks white ?

Haha they seem to have been doing a bit of painting 😉

Cheers, that meens a lot mate! 😊 please share!

You don't know how happy I was when I got those skis from the hire shop! Haha
latest report
@nolooney1997, I've posted on my facebook page, have you tried the St Anton official web and Twitter feeds?
latest report
kitenski wrote:
@nolooney1997, I've posted on my facebook page, have you tried the St Anton official web and Twitter feeds?

I posted to their facebook page and sent them an email, couldn't think of any other things I could do... Any ideas people?
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/NzidAuiO8TE

This is my second edit from my recent ski trip in Austria.

my other vid is attached here -----
http://youtube.com/v/9mN3TsEmrcs

let me know which one you prefer and why

cheers
Nath
latest report
nolooney1997 wrote:
kitenski wrote:

I posted to their facebook page and sent them an email, couldn't think of any other things I could do... Any ideas people?

You could try sending it to magazines like Fall Line Skiing to share on FB, and the Austrian National Toursim board are normally quite receptive.
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
nolooney1997 wrote:
kitenski wrote:

You could try sending it to magazines like Fall Line Skiing to share on FB, and the Austrian National Toursim board are normally quite receptive.

Cheers bud, will try Smile
snow conditions
^^Mind you'll need words to go with it!
ski holidays
henryhole wrote:

If anybody has any questions about the area or would like more information please don't hesitate to ask.

@henryhole

Hoping you could provide some knowledge on accommodation and jobs in St Antons.

I'm in the process of planning living in St Antons for the 2015/16 season. I am struggling to find reasonably priced accommodation for our group of 4. Everything seems to be very fancy and only renting for a max of 3-4 weeks.

Any ideas on where we could find other options? What are your thoughts on living in St Jakobs or Pettneu? Do busses run regularly from these areas or late at night?

One last thing - would you suggest hunting for a job before arrival? Or seeking one around Dec/Jan?

Cheers
Damian
snow conditions
Dec/Jan is too late for the best pick of jobs, you'd need to be there in Nov for that. Accom can also be sorted out then. Plenty of people turn up without either accom or jobs and sort themselves out when they arrive, although you can send off CV's and what not before you arrive, people do also get it sorted before arriving in resort. Accom is cheaper the further away you go, plenty of season staff live out in St Jakob and Pettneu, the former is walkable to town (at least if you're the Nasserein end of Jakob) and I know people also walk to/from Pettneu but it is quite a way, however both are linked with free busses during the day and there are night busses that you have to pay a couple of Euros for that run until about 3am IIRC. Out of interest, what to you call reasonably priced accom?
snow report
Sitter wrote:
Out of interest, what to you call reasonably priced accom?

Cheers for the information, very helpful.

By reasonable I was expecting to find a 2 bedroom apartment for $800 AUD p/m. Although probably due to the terrible Australian dollar atm, we have been quoted around $1300 AUD p/m (900 euro)
latest report
Arlberg is very a great place to be for skiing!
Since years I'm visiting this region with my family.

You should really take a trip to this place. Here, get a look of the place Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/fr-tAEqIloA
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy