Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

stance - duck or forward? any advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi

im a new poster here so please be gentle! ive been boarding for 5 yers now and every time i go away and get some lessons the instructor always tells me to change my stance, tutting at how the dude from the previous year has had me set my board up!. so far its altered from duck foot through to having my back foot at 0.

Ive never been much of a one for freestyle and tend to stay out of the fun parks, much prefering to just be bombing down the moutain, so a couple of things ive been reading would suggest a forward stance.

can anyone out there offer any further info and advice?

cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
frostie1861, Hi and welcome. If you look to the top left under 'user Facilities' and do a search for 'duck', you'l find a whole bunch of threads on this very subject dear to the heart of every hillfrog . . . that and piles. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
frostie1861,

Welcome to snowheads, I'm not a boarder so can't help but hopefully someone will be along soon to offer an opinion.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
frostie1861, have a look in the snowboarding forum, you'll find a few posts in there about it...........might be entitled "Quack" ??

oh and welcome!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
frostie1861 wrote:
Ive never been much of a one for freestyle and tend to stay out of the fun parks, much prefering to just be bombing down the moutain, so a couple of things ive been reading would suggest a forward stance

I've tended to follow Neil McNabs advice on binding setup. I can't find my original link to this information, but managed to locate a copy at SCUK. I tend to go for what allows easy turn initiation and is easy on the knees (they're getting older) - try a few different settings and go for what feels right. Mine bindings are currently set at 21/9.

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/FAQ-index-myfaq-yes-id_cat-75.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers guys - that mcnab article is pretty good - especially the idea of finding the angle of your stancebefore you get on your board and then however you set up your back foot you then set up the front to recreate that angle.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy