Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage companies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help please.
A lesson for me...I've booked a holiday with Neilson, not a last minute thing, 8 weeks prior to departure to be told that I can't take my skis as they are already full. If only they told me before I handed over my card number! Neilson recommend using an independent ski carriage company. They've said I can take a chance and take them to the airport with a booking, but the chances are I won't be able to take them. Picture the scene...an hour to take off, car already in off site parking and a ski bag to find home for, for the week.

I've made a couple of enquiries, the cheapest I've come up with is £104. Does anyone have a recommendations? It's looking like the skis are going to be left at home rolling eyes as it's cheaper to hire the most expensive skis I can find in resort!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't be worth the hassle surely. Plus you have to find them at the other end somehow.

It's not the best season for snow so far, so count it as a blessing, rent, and wreck somebody else's skis Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gallabar, that's so annoying. I remember reading a similar thread in the past that suggested that Neilson's small print cover them, so there's not really anything you can do about it either.

Where did you get the quote? A general courier company? There aren't many other options, I don't think. There have been companies setup to take your skis to the alps, but they've not managed to build viable businesses and generally not survived more than one season.

All in all it will be easier to rent, but I can imagine how furious I would be in your situation.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I looked into this due to a similar situation with Crystal who took my booking then advised I couldn't add ski carraige due to there being no room. I've now got the charter flight log-ins and managed to add on ski carraige directly on their website (Jet2). Weirdly it actually ended up being cheaper (not cheap!) than paying Crystal themselves.

The 2 options I considered were:

1. skicarraige.co.uk. I had similar concerns as to who would sign for my skis at the other end although Crystal told me that the chalet staff would probably be able to do this. This did leave the possibility of having to negotiate redelivery with an Italian courier company if they couldn't deliver as planned initially

2. fetchmyluggage.co.uk: I think they're the safest option if you're in a resort with an Inghams presence as they work in partnership. My plan was to negotiate with them directly and ask if they could deliver to the nearest Inghams chalet-hotel for me to collect from them. Inghams specifically recommend using them so I presume that they will reliably have someone there to sign for the equipment on delivery.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Regular parcel mail? I've done this more than once and it worked like a dream. Skis in ski bag, well padded, tape up well, stick a label on and mail it a couple of days in advance, and on the way back drop off at the post office before you leave. I can't remember what it cost, but it wasn't particularly expensive.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Courier them to your hotel.

I can get up to 20kgs for under a tenner to most European countriies.

Or just chill out take the hit and hire.

Sod's law says you will need rock hoppers this Xmas anyway??

Where are you going?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^that^^ Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi
Thank you very much for all your replies. It's Arabba on 10 Jan. I had a look at "fetch my luggage". They're even more😢
It's looking like hire is the way to go this time.

Thanks again🎿
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@gallabar, Had the same problem with Neilson yesterday - having bought skis after booking without them.
We went to the Thomas Cook - our flight carrier - website and put in all the flight details - and were able to add the skis - for £5 less each way than the original booking would have been !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scrumpy, well done.... but i am a bit peeved about that. i also booked with neilson and tried to add skis later and they told me there was only 1 ski slot left. i then tried several ways with thomas cook(they had 6 ski slots left) on the phone and internet booking and they told me i had to go back through neilson. i have booked the last slot that neilson had but 2 pairs of skis in one bag - not a big deal because its under their weight restriction.
maybe there are different policies for different planes and destinations - wont tell you where i am going in case thomas cook inspect every ski bag looking for 2 pairs of skis and then wont let me travel with them! Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MogulMonkey, we went onto the flight area using Neilson booking ref. plus flight details - my husband also put in passport details and booked the seats and meals at the same time !
Neilson had already told me that they had used all of their allocation for the flight. We are going to Arabba a couple of weeks after gallabar
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scrumpy, I only wanted to book skis. So if you booked seats and meals as well as different route that may be the answer. Why meals though? I thought they were always included with neilson bookings. Certainly our flights always have and they are included on our flight in jan.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No not a different route - just logged into our charter flight, booked by Neilsons with Thomas Cook - hubby booked meals as they did not appear to be included - I have not travelled on a European charter for some time that includes meals - but never been with Neilsons before - lets's hope we don't get 2 each! rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy