Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No Snow Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What happens if there is no snow in resort where ski school is? Do they bus you up the hill or refund you?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They teach maths instead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends on the ski school, I suspect. It's been about 25 years since I had anything to do with ESF, but I think they have a shrug/meh policy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
which resort are you going to & when?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morillon 1100 Dec 20th - currently zero snow and very little forecast Sad Friends are booked in for morning group lessons with ESF Morillon
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jirac18, I'd expect they'd just take you higher up if they can. Most ESFs don't maintain great big bus fleets so large scale logistics would be troublesome.

Or they cancel on you.

But TBH, right now, ambient temperature is massively more important than forecast snowfall as if it's cold enough, they can run the cannons. (Can't recall how well tooled up the GM is for snowmaking).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I think they have a shrug/meh policy.

Puzzled any reason to think that? IME if there are no lifts open lessons will be cancelled and payments returned. If there is any snow, which there should be if the cannons have been running, and some lifts open, then the lessons will take place.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Do they bus you up the hill or refund you?

Neither. Unless you took out their cancellation insurance.

Although this may cover your friends

Quote:
5.1: Reimbursement
 In the case of force majeure: the E.S.F. will reimburse the deposit paid by the client.
 If it is not a case of force majeure: the E.S.F. will reimburse the total amount of the deposit
paid by the client.

The following are in particular cases of force majeur: closure of the slopes or the chair lifts and
weather conditions that make it dangerous for the group to access the sites where the activity is to be
pursued.

If you have ski insurance you should claim on that if necessary and covered.

Another option would be to cancel (today?) and rebook if the snow is OK. From what I can see, cancelling more than 15 days before will cost them 20% / ( 40 Euros minimum). Within 15 days and the cost is 50%.

Details are here: https://corner.vente-en-ligne-esf.com/pdf/esf/en/ESF-CGV-467.pdf[/quote]
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I think they have a shrug/meh policy.

Puzzled any reason to think that? IME if there are no lifts open lessons will be cancelled and payments returned. If there is any snow, which there should be if the cannons have been running, and some lifts open, then the lessons will take place.

God, but you are boring.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boring but helpful, @northernsoulboy. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
QVery Happyo they bus you up the hill or refund you? A:Neither. Unless you took out their cancellation insurance
Eh? So in the traditional fleeced-in-France approach, the ESF will hang onto your money for something that can't be provided because there's no snow?? First class customer service, as ever.

WTF! Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mountainaddict, don't believe everything you read on snowheads. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
No Snow Ski School

Not great marketing using this as a name Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We went to Les Arcs once when they said no snow, we had a great time and there was lots of snow high up.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jirac18, Morillon has quite a lot of cannons, all of the main wide blue sairon is cannoned from top to bottom. In the past they always seemed to have made lots of snow, and the base area usually has alot. The lake for the water is on the left as you go up the 4 man sairon chair lift.

Long time to go as yet, so worry about it nearer the time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy