Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mega, it were the best ever, the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Guy Martin's words after crashing the world's fastest gravity sled on his second run, after setting a new world record of 85mph on his first run, madder than a bag of spanners, the bloke's a legend!!!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well of course megas are the best things ever!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Megamum, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Perhaps his next challenge should be @Megamum, 's sledge Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
KenX wrote:
Guy Martin's words after crashing the world's fastest gravity sled on his second run, after setting a new world record of 85mph on his first run, madder than a bag of spanners, the bloke's a legend!!!!!!

'Cept on road biking forums where his lack of TT wins means he's routinely dissed as a TV celeb and not fit to compare with a Dunlop, McGuiness or even Hutchinson or Anstey.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, most probably correct, still a legend tho..............
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally I quite like his schtick as he seems quite genuinely passionate and I suspect he sells equally to both men and women (the latter on the raw man appeal)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
KenX wrote:

'Cept on road biking forums where his lack of TT wins means he's routinely dissed as a TV celeb and not fit to compare with a Dunlop, McGuiness or even Hutchinson or Anstey.

Guy Martin = Chemmy Allcott ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
put the kettle on for a brew, chief
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@halfhand, Well if I knew how to contact him..................... wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Megamum,

http://www.guymartinracing.co.uk/contact/

Tell us how you get on Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Did think that the team behind him on this attempt were no where in the same league as Mike Burrow etc on his 24 hr tandem attempt !

If it had been the same team, then you would have seen disc wheels, ceramic bearings and a whole lot more thrown into the mix, but still great TV Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did like his class-win on Pikes Peak... Of course, its the new all-paved Peak run, not the old one, so it's not the same as Ari Vatanens run in the Peugeot back in the 80's, or Tajimas stint in the Suzi, but still not a bad effort.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam wrote:
Did think that the team behind him on this attempt were no where in the same league as Mike Burrow etc on his 24 hr tandem attempt !

If it had been the same team, then you would have seen disc wheels, ceramic bearings and a whole lot more thrown into the mix, but still great TV Toofy Grin

I thought the thing looked pretty basic in terms of engineering, but what do I know.

I did think the tandem thing looked a little bit like cheating, in that he was in a side by side recumbant pedal powered trike and the the previous record was set on a standard looking in line two wheeled tandem. The designer reckoned it took about 50% less energy to pedal at the same speed as a conventional tandem. If the record they were aiming at was for 'longest distance by a pedal powered vehicle then sure, it's just an apples and oranges comparison as it stands.

Seems like a likeable fella, and his pikes peak effort was ballsy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I did think the tandem thing looked a little bit like cheating, in that he was in a side by side recumbant pedal powered trike and the the previous record was set on a standard looking in line two wheeled tandem.

more "slightly misleading" than cheating.
UCI don't do tandem records other than paracycling afaik, and they don't do any recumbent records, or indeed any record other than what looks like a double triangle bike.
the record in the show is World Human Powered Vehicle Association, which has an array of single and multiple rider records, and indeed they did get that record (and the 12 hour too).
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, or of course Michelle Mouton in the Quattro.

She was a rare bird. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I like the series BUT it could have been done better - they are throwing a lot of very good engineering at things and then either not spending a week sorting out the bugs or something not so right in the design. What I'm trying to say is with what they have they should be demolishing the records they've broken adnd breaking the records they failed to reach.

To put it in perspective I would expect to be able to break both the sledge and gravity racer with something I could knock together in a week with the help of a few mates.

I really do hope they revisit some of these chalanges again in the future and have another go - like say mythbusters or even grand designs does?
ski holidays
@Idris, Let us know how you get on. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@Idris, I'm sure my bro would help if needed!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy