Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go last minute 21-28 March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

After some research i thought i'd also get the current view of the snowhead community. I'm organising a trip for 6-10 adults who are a mixture of abilities (5-9) on the InsideOut scale. We're looking to do a last minute (hopefully to get a deal and keep it all cheap) for a week end of March. It could well be a stupid question but what should be on the bucket list for this time of year?

AdH, L2A, Soelden, Tignes / Val, Obertauern seem to be reasonably obvious ones but does anyone have any late season gems or are we into the realm of it depends on the snow?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervinia
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Levi215, the end of March isn't really "late season". The whole point of a last minute booking, I would say, is to be able to choose your resort depending on snow cover. So if it's all looking good, you could go just about everywhere. If it's a really poor end to the season you would probably aim for the likes of Tignes - but not expect it to be quiet.

However, that's a big group. Will you be driving? If flying, I'd book flights now to an airport which gives you lots of choice, and then just leave transfers (or car hire) and accommodation to the last minute.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, probably not driving but people aren't in a position to commit so the last minute aspect is primarily down to commitment and finance. We have a bailout option which will be Bulgaria but happily do France Austria or Italy so just looking to make a bucket list of cheap options.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

just looking to make a bucket list of cheap options

Well, if cheap is important waiting till the last minute (ie the final week before departure) is likely to get the best deal but options for such a big group will be limited. A list of high, snowsure resorts will not be equivalent to "cheap options" as most of them are fairly expensive. And if snow cover is good you could happily go to a lower, less well known, resort.

Are you all fairly young? Action Outdoors/UCPA might be a good option if so - choose a centre in a fairly high and snowsure resort, then people can book in as and when they are sure of their finances, without everybody having to wait and risk ending up with very little choice. You might, for example, find that the only flight options are out of somewhere like Gatwick.

If UCPA was an option there'd be no point waiting - just book in as and when. And if there are only a few of you in the end, that wouldn't be a problem.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy