Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glue to repair tape seam in jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few cm of tape has come away from a hood seam in my shell jacket. Thinking should to be able to re glue it but was wondering with what??:

Copydex
UHU
or some other glue.

Anyone repaired something similar??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
seamgrip
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
either seamgrip or there is a tape made specifically for repairing rips and thing like this in clothing, it is a clear flexible tape which will bond across any damage (can't remember the name) most out door stores should have one or both of these
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Evo Stik Serious Glue is better than Seamgrip. About £5 for a 30g tube at B&Q.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, I've used stuff called 'Tenacious Tape' and it is, tenacious that is. Is that the stuff?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if you can get some, bostic 2402 is your very best option. should be around 15 quid. usually used to seal rubber wrist seals/neck seals into dry suits for diving.

My north face jacket seam failed last year - its a 10 year old summit series jacket that i wouldn't give up for the world. i used bog standard evostick and its still going strong.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And remember to store partially used Seamgrip or Aquasure in the freezer.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colinstone, If it can't be fixed with one or more of: duct tape, wood glue, super glue or araldite,

then it's broken.

Or get some seam seal stuff, it's for sealing seams
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rogg, nope it is a material called tear-aid, made by storm waterproofing a flexible clear tape which fixes anything from jackets to tents with rips in them, maybe not the perfect material in this case (although can't see a reason not to use it if you had that and no seam grip)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've used that "tenacious tape" to repair small holes in numerous shells. It's great stuff, the repairs are still going strong after multiple washes and a whole load of more use. I normally cut a circular patch out of the roll rather than square as the corners can start to roll up a bit otherwise.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hum. A few avid viewers I the great British sew off it seems

Like I said DUCT TAPE
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have you seen this product? www.fixmytear.com. It's a repair tape which sticks very well to vinyl, canvas, rubber, leather and most other surfaces. Apply it to both sides if you can for extra strength. Absolutely life saving tape. Very Happy Shock Smile
https://www.amazon.com/Fixmytear-Magic-Repair-Tape-33ft/dp/B01MA5HSNC?tag=amz07b-21
https://www.amazon.com/fixmytear-Magic-Repair-Tape-Kit/dp/B016M1S1GU?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy