Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste tuition in the Three Valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of this? What I am looking for is a private lesson or lessons for my family in off piste techniques, including avalanche safety. 3 of us are very competent skiers and the 4th is a good snowboarder, all good enough to cope with off piste.

What I'd really like is for us to be taught a bit about using bleepers, probes etc as well as to do some off piste skiing.

We will be staying in Brides les Bains in February half term.

Thanks for your help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can thoroughly recommend Lee Townend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave Meier aka diversify in meribel if he's free when you are there
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for replying. Do you have contact details or a website for them?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Izzy Milne at piste2peak.co.uk. Very good, very patient and very funny. Highly recommend her and would use her services no matter what if I'm in the 3V.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had some excellent tuition (not specifically off-piste, but I think they would do just what you're asking for) from Marmalade in Meribel last year.

http://www.skimarmalade.com/

They are a thoroughly nice bunch of people, as well as being good instructors.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm in the fortunate position to have skied with three of the four in your list, and heard good things about the other. All great suggestions. But February half term is BUSY so you'd best get in touch soon to book.

I have a couple of email addresses; I'll PM you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Marmalade are good but if you are after backcountry try Simon Christy http://pleva.net/skiing.html#5

You will struggle to get anyone at Feb Half term on a private basis. The ESF run intro to offpiste group sessions that are good as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you might also struggle getting someone to do a mixed group of skiers and snowboarders. Certainly when I enquired about hiring a guide for a day they didn't want to mix disciplines - that would be even more difficult if you;re looking for instruction rather than guiding
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Nickle,

I would love to have helped you out - I take it your week is 15-21 February? (some schools have different weeks) If so, I'll be in the Pyrenees.

If not, I may have availability for 1 day either side of my trip. Good question nbt - having a snowboarder in the group can limit certain itineraries, however as long as this is understood and it is a private group, a compromise can normally be reached.

Just to let you know, I am an instructor on the Snowheads bashes (11 and counting), including the Off piste Bash, as well as Off Piste Performance Course Director for Mountain Tracks. I have a long pedigree in coaching backcountry awareness as well as off piste technique and run off piste performanc ecourses in the Three valleys.

I can supply you with all of the kit you will need including a choice of Barryvox Element and Ortovox 3+ transceivers.

Otherwise, I'd highly recommend the other instructors mentioned - Simon Christie, Issie Milne and the guys at Marmalade. I have worked closely with all of them and you won't go wrong if you find one of these guys available.

Please PM me if you want any further details
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nickel

Heaps of really strong tuition available in the three valley's from the Brits, some pitch more towards what you're asking for.

Try giving Simon Christy or Neil & Izzy Milne a shout.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Think New Generation also run some off piste clinics - worth checking their website.

Nickle - if you return to Brides another year, please consider our 2 bed apartment when you are searching for accomodation. Just PM me if interested.
Would be interested in how you get on with off piste tuition in 3V - so please could you provide some feedback when you get back from your hol. Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy