Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying some second hand kit for my son

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son, then 8, now aged 9, had a couple of hours or so, on a snowboard on our last "ski" trip. He wants to do some more. We could hire some gear but we were also thinking of buying some second hand stuff. The only trouble is neither me or the missus have snowboarded. I've now read the "Boarding for Beginners" thread. Is there anything I would have to look out for if I buy? Obviously I just need a board for a beginner, anything else? He is about 130cm so what size board would he need - does the between chin and nose still apply? I vaguely remember talking about being goofy or not but the thread suggests it's not such a big deal. But can the bindings be switched to either anyway? What about boots, anything to know on that score?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can use rider weight as a guide burton says 137-142cm boards are suggested for 90-120lbs rider weight.

Boot size determines binding size in adults and also board width.... with kids its what you can get but some adult girls gear is more suited as they have smaller feet.

Bindings will spin for either stance .

Some kids boots or smaller kids boots the inner liners are not removable .

I have some boots sz 3 and 4 but you may be better buying the whole setup in the right size which is easy to say I imagine.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 31-10-14 11:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best bet would be to pop into your local shop if you have one. If you are ever passing us (Absolute Snow) we are in Hemel just off M1/M25 we can talk you through all of the issues, answer all your questions and you can leave knowing exactly what you need to buy - we do not have much used gear in stock - so happy for you to pick our brains, learn what is what and get your boy out there on the right kit if you can find some on ebay. Our kids gear is mostly brand new Burton gear.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy