Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not on the Piste in Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any tips on things to do in or around Peisey Vallandry?

I badly sprained my ankle last weekend only to discover I'm not properly insured so need to fulfill the holiday or lose the money. I won't be recovered enough to put on my boots and hop onto the piste but should be ok to travel Sad

Are there any hints or tips on alleviating the boredom of spending 24/7 in the chalet?

Ta
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
liztd, bad news that Sad welcome to sHeads by the way.

I can only suggest that you stock up on books, magazines, mp3 player, dvd player etc etc (just in case they don't exist in the chalet). (don't forget your rechargers either).

More and more places seem to have wifi access too, so take your laptop and wireless card and you can join in with us all day too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry you are in a quiet place, hobble down to the Mount blanc for sky or flying squirrels. very sad hope you get better soon
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
liztd, What a shame... Theres not a lot to do, but you could go for a hobble alongside the river towards Nancroix - very pretty, and a bus parallels the route for your return. Pool and Bar Footie in one of the bars, nice restaurant called L'Ancolie in Nancroix but indoors only. Up in Plan Peisey itself (the bucket lift up is free) you could go to see Will at the Flying Squirrel, there are a couple of nice piste side lunch stops too - La Cordee, otherwise its good bokks and your MP3 player...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[b] Liztd /b]
If you follow the above advice you'll be bored rigid after 2 days! Here are some other ideas -
1) Catch the free navette bus which goes all over the area. Ask for Pont baudin, where the cross country skiing starts and sample the delicious tarts at the Fer a Cheval restaurant nearby. It is a really nice, peaceful area.
2) Get a pedestrian only ticket for the Vallandry chairlift and meet your friends for lunch at La Poudreuse restaurant at the top.
3)Catch the free Lozagne telelift from near the cable car which takes you DOWN to Peisey village. When you arrive at the bottom, turn right to Villaret and walk for 5 mins to Isabelle Desse's studio to admire her fine paintings of the area. Worth a trip! Or turn left and find Madame Poccard's dairy shop, opposite Les Trois Stations Hotel, and sample some of her delicious cheeses and home-made yogurts.
4) Phone Emmanuel and book a half day husky ride. Great fun! You can either sit in luxury, or stand up and yell at the huskies in true musher style.
5) Take the Vanoise Express cable car to Montchavin, have a drink at one of the two restaurants on the other side and watch the world go by...
6)Splash out and get a daypass to the brand new Club Med hotel for 20 euros. They have a superb swimming pool (partly outdoors) and fitness centre. This could do your ankle good!
7) Really splash out and visit MGM apartment block's L'Oree des Cimes for a Spa & Beauty Treatment. You could even be coated in chocolate! Goodness knows what this would do to your ankle!
Cool Go to Shiva Bar on Tuesday night after 10 p.m. They usually have live music till 3 a.m. Phone Fabian first (he speaks good English) to check what is on.
9) If you're really fed up, there is a cinema in Vallandry, which often shows English-language films.

The best restaurants in the area are -
L'Armoise*
L'Ancolie ** (at Nancroix)
Le Solan
Le Refuge (Vallandry) - best pizza place in valley

When you arrive get a free copy of Le petit Journal from the tourist office or from most shops. this has lots of useful information and phone no's.
You should be able to find plenty to keep you happy in the above list. Have a great time!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for the advice folks. Absolutely gutted indeed but already planning a sneaky little trip in April provided it's healed enough. I'll make sure I've got adequate insurance to cover me this time too! Very Happy

I've already stocked up on books and am picking out some dvd's for the first couple of days when I won't be able to walk properly still.

Thanks to Fi for the fantastic check list. I've been having a sneaky peak at Club Med spa but wasn't sure whether non-residents could use it. I'm thinking of deinitely going to buy a block booking of treats from one of the spa type places to keep myself occupied wink

I was also wanting to meet my mates on a mountain restaurant somewhere but the one we've always gone to in the past at Arpette is ski-to so to find one next to a lift is a very good thing.

Looking forward to it more now, cheers.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TAke as many sleeping pills as you dare in the hope that you can doze through the entire week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
TAke as many sleeping pills as you dare in the hope that you can doze through the entire week.

I'm relying on the mulled wine for that Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
could you hire a skidoo there,anywhere. Parapenting is that an option?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skidoos definitely on the plan if possible.

As I can barely walk I don't think I can do parapenting this time. Looks good though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skidoos are available for hire from Arc Aventures who are based in Les Arcs 1800. They only operate from 5 p.m. onwards after the lifts are closed. If there is a group of you who are interested, you might be able to negotiate for them to pick you up from Vallandry, after all it's not so far away through the woods! Have a go!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks again for the tips. There'sd 8 of us and I reckon at least half will be up for skidoos so we'll see what we can do.

I had lessons with Arc Aventures 2 years ago when I was there for snowbombing so know exactly where that is.

Right I'm off to get a couple of hours kip before the excruciatingly early start we have tomorrow.

snowHead Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks again to people for their suggestions.
Back from hols now and managed to have a good time despite the lack of skiing potential.

We stayed at a brilliant chalet (The Goat Shed) in Moulin with a lovely couple who came up with various good ideas to keep me entertained.

I mostly ended up walking and seeing loads of the area in a nordic manner (swapped crutches for ski poles).
There loads of footpaths around there, a particularly nice one to Notre Dames de Vernettes up a mountain side from Plan Peisey (I think) and a nice amble through the trees to Arcs 1800. The ski-nordique footpaths at Pont Baudin were mainly closed but I managed to see a chamois there which is apparently lucky.
I didn't hire snow shoes but was tempted to, I managed to get 2 days skiing in instead which actually sorted my ankle out so I could walk rather than hobble!!! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
liztd, Well done. Some of us suspected you wouldnt be able to resist Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
liztd, Well done. Some of us suspected you wouldnt be able to resist Very Happy

My sensible head just couldn't hold out with all that beautiful powder everywhere
wink

Plus I knew that there were loads of wide and gentle blues and reds out there around the resort plus miles of gentle tree lined runs to amble along.
ski holidays
Liztd, can you give me some information on The Goat Shed. I am looking at it for next years holiday, but was just after what you thought of it, locations to slopes etc?
latest report
@Hodders00, Welcome to snowheads, I think @liztd, may not remember as this thread is 10 years old!.......
latest report
@Zorrac, wonder if @liztd, 's ankle is ok now😀😀
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy