Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Insurance for US resident coming to Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter is joining me for Xmas in Europe, her first time skiing, she is a US citizen living in the USA. She has worldwide travel insurance but her cover does not extend to skiing and most notably skiing related medical expenses. Does anyone know of an insurance provider who provides skiing medical cover for US residents?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eEvans, Have a chat with the BMC. I'm a septic, though I'm allowed to reside here and they were happy to cover me for next year and as you have a home here, she does have a UK address.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would think that American Express would be logical people to talk to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carre Neige....2,50Euros a day???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Carre Neige (by the day) or Carte Neige (by the year ~45€ ) are good for mountain rescue but they only cover the expense of immediate, emergency medical attention. Once the rescue services have dumped u in the hands of 'mainstream' medical services you're off their turf and u need to cover expenses some other way.

As UK citizens, the E111 (or whatever it's evolved into this year) covers a large proportion of that - typically around 75% I think.

eEvans, obviously, a crucial element of your question is "does not extend to skiing related medical expenses". The Carre/Carte Neige would not be comprehensive enough on its own in this case, although it could be a very useful part of her cover, perhaps coupled with a fairly standard health/accident policy that doesn't specifically exclude such injuries but would not necessarily include mountain rescue of any kind.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eEvans, good advice from admin.

You can check out the full conditions in English for the carte neige here...

And order one here prior to arrival...

But to be worthwhile she would need to be skiing for a good three weeks over the season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all . It is very much appreciated.

She will only be here for about 11 days , so in this instance I will just buy her the Swiss equivalent of the Carre Neige , but as everyone has nicely pointed out not enough on its own. This only really covers emergency recovery.

Not sure how the BMC can help this one out _ but I will follow up.

Anyone else any ideas on Snow Medical for Septics to augment both Carre Neige and Worlwide Travel ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eEvans, Have you thought of adding her to your ski insurance as a family member?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am in a similar situation as I am travelling to Europe myself.

The only broker that supported non-European residents as well as ski touring that I found was:

http://www.ihi.com/english/individual/2.asp
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Re. all the suggestions above it's important that any medical cover includes air ambulance and ongoing medical care in the States, in the unlucky event ....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Harbord, welcome to snowheads!

Without double checking (but click on the links I gave above for the Carte Neige insurance) I think non-EU residents are covered for ski touring and repatriation as well, as long as they have a two way ticket, and are not skiing for more than 31 consecutive days. There's something like that in the small print, check it out via the above links....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does Carre Neige work in Austria? Is there an Austrian equivalent to Carre Neige. I'm a US citizen. Thanks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Harbord, Thanks very much. Your first post and the link was right on the button. Very good service for any nationality looking for medical/repatriation cover and covers winter sports.

Masque, Thanks for your leads but I am a UK citizen who resides ........ urrrrgggghhhh, dunno but not in the US and my annual UK 'ALL Risks' can not be extended to a US resident even if she is my daughter ( and has dual citizenship).

Insurance cos. really are living in the dark ages, so inflexible, it's only an actuarial assessment of risk for goodness sake.

Thanks everyone for your help , problem solved. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy