Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will annual sale on ski boots start before my Easter trip to 3V end March 2015?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My boots are old/leaking. Can't remember when the sales start, and I'm going 3v 28/3 next year. Will the sales start before we go? I'm thinking ellis brigham or bennetts Barnsley. Any experiences very interested to hear.thx.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The one thing i wouldn't restrict myself to is boots in the sales. You may get lucky but best to get the perfect boot for you. Skis, poles, jackets etc get in the sales but boots???? I'd just get he best fit. You may be lucky and get the best boot and it happens to be in the sales. Good luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you! My ability is limited, even after many years skiing. What I'm trying to say is that I'm probably not worth expensive boots!! Don't think it would improve much - just want dry feet. (I do have custom foot beds though)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did the same.

One pair of boots when I was a beginner that were too big (bought in sales). Ditched them for a second pair that were comfortable. After a while became a bit loose. Then went to Rivington Alpine and had a pair fitted. I could have got cheaper in EB but I was passing and paid flu price. However, they are great and improved my skiing. EB fitters are good by all accounts so they should sort you out with a proper boot in the sales.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
most boot fitters won't have a sale as such, we wait till a point in the season or the end of the season then reduce the products by an amount, rather than picking on one brand or a few models

fit is all important, the one piece of kit not to scrimp on as they affect your skiing, you might want to consider a new footbed as well if the old ones were made at the time of the current boots, they don't last for ever, and your feet may have changed a little over the years
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank so much glasgowcyclops and CEM, just searched Twitter, and EB sale started beginning of March 2013, and easter was at the end of March that year. I know I sound like a cheap skate, but I am also buying a pair for my daughter now her feet have stopped growing (I hope) and she tends to have v expensive taste based on shiny clips, furry linings, colour, etc.
EB Castleford fitted my last pair, and I'm pretty sure the guy still works there. They only sell good quality even if it is the sale, I think. Thanks again. If there aren't any bargains, then its fine, at least I won't go the week before the possibility!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hpets, surely it's better to buy a pair of properly fitting boots even if you have to pay a bit more rather than waiting for the end of season sales and maybe being pushed into a boot at a cheaper price because potentially that's all they have left? It's the most important piece of the gear, it's what connects you to the ski and thereby the snow, my suggestion would be to go see CEM or maybe Rivington and seek their professional advice. If the boots they recommend are too expensive they may be able to point you towards a cheaper alternative.......? I had 3-4 pairs of ill fitting boots at the start of my skiing back in the late 80's and binned them all because they were lousy in my opinion, they weren't I'd bought the wrong boot for me, I took bad advice and bought them on impulse. I then went to a proper boot fitter, had a custom insole fitted (which sorted out the cramp on my instep - I didn't realise I had a high instep and was clamping my boot down too tight, thus flattening my foot into an unnatural position). This was fitted into a boot that fitted my foot shape, it's pretty simple really in hindsight, but it'd taken me 5-6 holidays of pain to realise! Been happy ever since! I'd just suggest a properly fitting boot is worth say £100-200 extra vs one that seems to fit, there's a big difference IMO.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hpets, what happens if you get to the end of March and Ellis Brigham don't have any boots in stock that are the right size for you? Or the only boots they have that are the correct fit for your feet are top end race department boots? As others have suggested, I think the best policy is to buy skis and skiwear in the end of season sales, and buy boots at the beginning of the season when boot fitters have the widest range of available stock to select from to best meet your needs.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try EB. I got daughters about this time of year. Search for last year's stock on line, then phone and go to nearest store and ask to try. If there is a new season model that fits, you can then ask for the sale boots to be sent to the local store and they will fit them for you when they arrive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy