Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Zip Fits warm?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just that really. Are they warm? I'd be particularly keen to hear from anyone who has also skied with an Intuition liner and can compare them. Thanks a lot snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Since I got fitted with Zipfits I've not had a ski day with cold feet. Do not leave them outside to go cold!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny, thanks Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heard rumours they're cold, mine aren't.............
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's different thicknesses of both Zipfit & Intuition liners which I'd assume would make a difference to their warm.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My zipfits are definitely not warm!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the thickness's of zip fit liners are only the back end of the liner and the tongue where the cork putty material is, the front of all of them is the same (except the classic which is way thicker) they have shear-ling fleece and neoprene in the toe box the intuition liner is probably a little warmer, but doesn't give the same level of heel hold, the zip fit is warmer in most cases than the standard liner, but a lot of this depends on your circulation as much as it does the liner, a good merino wool sock will also help pull moisture form your foot which will keep it warmer.

glp9, is it cold or are you cutting the circulation off somewhere and need a small boot adjustment? if it is whatever the external temperature then it sounds like a circulation thing, blood not getting everywhere it should, first place i would look is the tongue, is there a red area on top of your foot when you take them off? if so try massaging the cork material in the tongue form where the red spot on your foot is away from that area further up the tongue, it will give a bit more space there, it will also find its own level so don't worry about pushing it out the way (it flows back if there is a void)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have had zipfits for 4 or 5 years now with my latest boots - but CEM has just fitted the heated things under the footbeds for me for this coming winter. I do suffer with very cold feet - OH always complains about my feet in bed.... - and also cold hands and use the teabags in my gloves for the majority of the winter.
The zipfits though have really made the fit of the boot much better, particularly negating much heel lift.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for the mixed views Toofy Grin and CEM for the detail. Much appreciated Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy