Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Tignes to Val D'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Is it possible to get from Tignes to Val D'isere (FOR A NONE SKIER) ..... Wether it be using there
Pedestrian lift pass, or jumping on a buss that takes them From one resort to the other , and then vica-versa again.

If so, what options do they have.

If we are staying in tignes and some of our group venture over to Val D'isere for lunch, can none skiers potentially join us there?

I've found bits n bobs on what lifts pedestrians can use in the winter, but does anybody have an up to date comprehensive list of what they can go on.....or better still, an actual pedestrian access map (as 2 members of our group who will be walking had one of these in La Plagne last year), so I would imagine Tugnes / Val D'isere would have the same or something very similar ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just to add to the above....... If we decide to stop of at the folie deuce in Val D'isere (as Ann example), would a none skier be able to join us
And then get back to Tignes ok?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would suggest trying these
http://www.altibus.com/pages/page.aspx?rp=84&cp=en

I had to cancel a transfer with them last season and they were very helpful. They have stations in Tignes and Val and so must have coaches running between the 2. Tickets must be booked in advance and collected at their office before boarding the bus - but that might only have bee for airport transfers.

Re Folie Douce, it's at the top of the gondola at La Daille so is very accesible for non-skiers (and those who are no longer able to ski down)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think getting there conveniently for lunch is going to be feasible unless you have a car.

But links are so good in Espace Killy you could feasibly ski in Val in morning, be back in Tignes for lunch, and back in Val for rest of afternoon
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I don't think getting there conveniently for lunch is going to be feasible unless you have a car.

or are prepared to spend very large sums on taxis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Si_Dean, I'm assuming you're talking about stopping in Tignes. Whilst pedestrians can get to the top of Tovierie on the gondola, there is no way down to the Folie Douce, as it's a good 500 - 600m down by piste. It can be accessed from the Val d'Isere side as JimG2009, says from the La Daillie gondola. I believe that there is a bus service between Val d'Isere and Tignes but something at the back of my mind suggests it's only early am and into the evenings.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a regular bus service (about 6 times a day weekdays) between Val and Tignes (full info in Maison de Tignes) (weekends there are very few). I don't have last years timetable in the UK but you could get the bus from Tignes to La Daille, buy a pedestrian lift ticket and go up the La Daille Gondola right into the Folie Douce. Last year the last bus back from Val was around 1730 to do the reverse. There has been stuff in the local press regarding changes to the operator this year so all may change.

Eventually (!) the timetable will appear here:
http://altibus.com/gare/bourg-saint-maurice-rg9.aspx
Its currently the summer one Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about trying to take a sledge up to the top of Toviere and then using it to get down the blue Creux run? That would be one hell of a ride that gets you to the Folie. Then to get back, just a quick sledge down the first bit of the green Verte run to the two mooses chairlift and back to Toviere. Piece of cake Madeye-Smiley On second thoughts, the lifties might not like it though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Piece of cake Madeye-Smiley On second thoughts, the lifties might not like it though.

Smile If you don't like skiing I suspect sledging is not your cup of tea eiher.

Why don't the skiers come over to Tignes for lunch?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy