Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

aime la plagne club med

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well I think we are going to push the boat out and go all in next to year to Club Med at Aime La Plagne. I've always fancied going to La Plagne and I think the price is reasonable (£4500) all inclusive for 4 of us. I cant seem to find any resort maps of exactly where the hotel is located and what is available around it in terms of shops etc. Does anyone know what slope runs down to it? How easily accessible is it to Belle Plagne? How long will it take to ski over to Les Arcs side or even if this would be possible.? I think the kids are going to be doing snowboard lessons this year and me and the hubby will be doing ski lessons (although I have read that the ski lessons are more like guiding than lessons). DOes anyone have a link for a good quality pdf of La Plagne?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not hard to find

http://www.laplagnet.com/la-plagne/maps

Village maps scroll down, its basically under the P of "Plagne Aime 2000" on the paradiski piste map

Never stayed there but from going past its mostly just the club med on a blue slope with the telemetro (essentaially a cable car) to Plagne centre
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polo99, Have a look at this http://www.virtualvisit360.com/laplagne360/
and the piste map here http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/PlanPistes.htm
and Google gives lots of maps including this selection
http://www.laplagnet.com/la-plagne/maps

Don't forget there are two club meds at La Plagne 2k be sure you know which one you are booking, although they are relatively near each other. The older one has larger bedrooms, the newer one is newer (!) but has smaller bedrooms! Last season a chatty young lad from Leeds, Mathew aged 10 (it was a slow lift!) told us the food was better in the old one but the drinks were better in the new one, he has been there for the last five years Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the info, will have a look at it, Im just trying to orientate myself with it. I like to study every inch of the piste map before I go, trying to plan routes in advance, although slighlty different this time if we are not going it alone! We will be going to the one in Aime La Plagne which I believe is the old one but I have been assured that if we wish to lunch at any of the 4 in the paradaski area, we just have to let reception know on that morning to make a reservation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The ski school will regularly take you over to Les Arcs - staying at the Piessey-Vallandry Club Meds (CM) we went every other day to La Plagne .

At least once they will arrange eating at one of the CM Les Arcs side. Not stayed at either of the La Plagne CMs - but this is standard practice wherever they have two CMs in ski-ing distance.

Often the ski lessons are guiding with some lessons thrown in - especially if you are intermediate and above. Useful for queue jumping, free guiding, finding good areas to ski in and some ski improvement
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
10 of us blokes went to CM La Plagne 2100 two years ago. It was very good. Rooms were fine & more than enough room for me & my 22 year old son....bigger than the old CM VT hotel. Food was very good as was the booze. Bar area & theatre area was also very spacious compared to CM Tignes & the old CM Val Thorens hotels. I understood that the CM La Plagne Aime hotel was the quieter family hotel, although there was certainly kids in CM La Plagne 2100.

Skiing was fantastic & we went several times over to Les Arcs. The "ski lessons" are more like groups of similar level skiers & are mainly guiding with a little instruction thrown in. I enjoyed them. Our group of guys were in different groups according to ability & confidence... I enjoyed mixing with the other non french speaking people from all over the world that made up our group.
My wife and I are going to CM La Plagne 2100 first week in Feb & the blokes trip is to CM Arc extreme in March, where my missus & daughter went a couple of years back.
I am sure that you enjoy CM whereever you go.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies, I am definitely going to go for it. Belle Plagne has been on my wish list for a number of years along with the La Plagne area. The kids I think will be going for snowboarding lessons this year and they are complete beginners at snowboarding. Im just hoping that if they dont like snowboarding they will be able to switch back to skiing. Our summer holidays are always all inclusive so I am just hoping that this will be as good. You have to try these things at least once dont you!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy