Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes: Feb 14-21 2015 for 2 people. Options where to stay?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Fellow snowheads- I have an opportunity to have a week skiing Feb 14-21st. I know it's half term but I am in Courchevel the week before and I have a car. Not been to Tignes before but my buddy for the week has. We need a large ski area (quite capable of traversing the 3 Valleys and back in a day).

Given we are already out in France and have transport all we are after is somewhere to stay for the week: anyone any ideas? As close to the lifts as possible would be great.

Any other ski area options?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You won't need anything like such a big area from February 7, Dr Rock. You'll spend half the time in lift queues. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I know. Sad
But that's the week it's gotta be...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chalet Chardons, Les Brev, Tignes. Quite cheap
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went for a self catering apartment in Tignes Val Claret. Pizza and beans every night then Cool
Thanks for the suggestions wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr Rock Don't worry too much about the queues in Feb. Yes it is obviously busier than low season; yes runs back to Val Claret (especially from the glacier and from the top of the Aeroski) can be very crowded; yes you can queue a bit to get back from Val D (eg Tommeuses Chair) - but you can still have a good time and there are alternative, less busy home runs available. Anyway, any queues generally shift fairly quickly as most lifts are fast/high capacity.

Once away from those sorts of bottlenecks, it is perfectly possible to ski much quieter runs - especially at the outer reaches of the lift system, like at Le Fornet, above Les Brevieres and down to Tignes 1800 (aka Les Boisses).

And if you get the first lift or so out of Val Claret you can get a very decent ski in and barely see a soul before things get too busy - eg Tufs Chair for a blast all the way down to La Daille/Val D'Isere (no more lifts needed); or Tichot Chair to work your way to Les Brevieres (using 4 chairs) on great cruising runs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info! Toofy Grin
Now all we need is lots and lots of snow....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy