Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg Laub Spring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at heading to Engelberg around early March, and was wondering if anyone knew how the laub typically holds up into spring. Its north facing but from what I can tell slightly lower than the rest of the area. Obviously I'm not asking if it will be waist depp all the way at 9 am on the 2nd March, but if anyone has skiied it at that time of the season and could give info that would be great
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 March is hardly late season
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I appreciate that-maybe im being overcautious but ive seen some pretty terrible snow at the same altitude as the lower part of the laub at that time of year
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've skied all the way to the valley floor at Engelberg quite late in the season so (on average) I think you'll be fine. In fact, most years, I'd think snow levels would be around their peak at the beginning of March
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied waist deep in Engelberg in mid-May.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was chest deep on it this year on the 23rd of March and waist deep again in mid April despite it being a bad season the photos below are from April. Any way if there is so much more to it than the Laub WinkI am out there for the season again and working for one of the ski schools so if you need anything let me know.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nice but doesn't even look boot depth?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hollando,

only skied in Engleberg once but you are right that the Laub is (quite a lot) lower than most of the skiing. There is of course a lot of off piste higher up (although Id recommend a guide for at least one day to show you around (glaciers, quite complex route finding).

I was there in January and the Laub was just bushes but it was an appalling year for early season snow (worst in 20). I don't think you should assume that the Laub will be skiable in late March but it probably will be. Best snow likely to be elsewhere though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hollando, I ski Engelberg at least 2 weeks every season as we are lucky to have free access to a chalet out there (for now anyway). Like previous have said, Laub is great but not the only lift accessible off piste place in Engelberg. WRT weather, well that's the same for all resorts. 9 times out of 10 for me over the past 15 years, early March snow levels when we've hit the week right have been brilliant but Engelberg does get tracked out very quickly. Have fun
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jedster, Not me in the photo! THat was taken April 18th this year! and was taken about half way down the Laub, it had been closed for a week in early April due to poor cover! This is me

The point is the conditions can be as good or as bad as mother nature intends it.

Quote:

but Engelberg does get tracked out very quickly.

Your doing it wrong!!!!! Seriously! only the Laub really gets tracked out quickly, and the bottom exits of Züls due to the limited exits The original photos above were taken on a Sat after lunch, even on peak weeks Fri-sat is busy but if you know where to look even on Züls there is fresh to be had late into the afternoon if you choose the right route.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fattes13, the obvious lift accessed routes do get tracked quick but of course we all have our secret stashes! I'll be out there for a quick pre season from 3-7 Dec and again for New Year if you fancy hooking up. I'll PM you.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dvb, Arriving in resort on the 2nd of December, so definitely give me a shout.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fattes13, tried to PM you but your account is 'down a crevasse' apparently. PM me please
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the info guys-was already pretty sold on the place to be honest and this has just made me itch for winter to come sooner...arghh . Fattes13, will give you a shout when i know the dates ill be going for a bit of info, cheers snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy