Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Change of Plans - 1 Week Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

We have had to change plans from going at New Year to now heading the first week of April when the schools break up.

I am thinking of both Austria and Italy (not France).

Austria - I guess I should look at Obergurgl (trying to find a place with a pool and a family suite within budget is proving hard). Where else would be good do you think?

Italy - Would you risk Italy at this time of the year?

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@CeliaCo, we went to Gressoney first week of April (just gone). We had a lovely week there. The nursery slopes in the village we were staying in weren't open but others were. We would happily go back there again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have also been to St Anton mid April. The were managing to maintain the nursery slope down to nasserien and higher was lovely
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Normally there is plenty of snow in Bormio until the end of the season. I'm normally geting quite angry that they are closing the slopes when there is still plenty of snow about. Italians stop skiing soon after easter and start thinking about the beach.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@CeliaCo, Easter sunday is April 16th - very late this year, but even so there should be plenty of good skiing about. I,m am not sure why you wouldn't risk Italy the Monterosa resorts are high and have good skiing but I am not sure if any of the resorts have a swimming pool. Livigno is also pretty high with a long season, but once agin I know nothing about public swimming pools.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Easter isn't generally super busy in France - can't talk of Austria or Italy. But I'd be inclined to wait until much nearer the time to get a feel for where the best late season snow is likely to be. Orientation of slopes tends to be more important than altitude, within reason - you need somewhere with a choice.

It can be a lovely time to be in the mountains, if you don't mind some variability of snow quality. Be prepared for some icy slopes in mornings (assuming it's freezing overnight - not too great if it isn't) and some slushy ones in the afternoons, before you retire to a sunny terrace.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi....we are going with our kids (8+ 10 - third trip) and some friends with children as well so I wouldnt be that keen on St Anton.

Looking for somewhere with a swimming pool as we tend to be off the slopes around 330 as getting slushy.

Friends mentionned Champoluc or Cervinia.....will have a look at those as well.

Any other recommendations most welcome and appreciated.!!

xx
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy