Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Chable / Bruson

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'd welcome any advice from regulars to this area, we're keen to do a week end February or mid March next year and don't want to stuff up. We've skied 4V many times having stayed in Verbier and Nendaz and am fancying a trip again now the swissie/ £ rate is almost bearable again. Nendaz lift access into Siviez is still poor (I think unless anyone can tell me otherwise) so thats out, and we'll leave staying in Verbier to others with larger wallets than me, so am thinking Le Chable and making use of the new lift.

Is it a decent service up to Verbier and on up from Le Chable or is it very slow once at Bruson? Will there be much off piste opportunity down to Bruson in March (hey I know its hard to be specific but i'm just wondering if its a 8/10 or a 3/10 potential), and whats Le Chable like for light apres and decent fodder (pizzas, bistro type stuff) without getting lashed?

Was thinking of flying via GVA and hopping on train but MAN-GVA flights look expensive (£175-200pp including bags and skis), likely will take car. Not sure if we ought to leave alone or give it a bash, but can't ignore the skiing in Verbier for much longer!

I'll look forward to hearing any thoughts, thanks in advance. Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markymark29, I love Le Châble, but am probably a bit biased. We're closer from our place to the skiing in Verbier than a lot of the accommodation in Verbier. 5 minute walk to the lift and then an 8 minute ride up to Verbier, and of course queuing is virtually unheard of.

The lift from Le Châble to Bruson works really well, it's 10 minutes. Once in Bruson you have to get on the old 3 man. The only time we found this to be a big problem was when it was breaking down intermittently and there was a 15 minute queue. If it's working OK then it's not an issue. Bruson shut on March 21st this year, but there wasn't a lot of snow. They have snow making on the north facing slopes now, but it's really hard to predict how long the itinerary down to Le Châble will stay open.

Le Châble has an increasingly lively evening scene, you could eat in a different place every night and enjoy great value food and plenty of variety. Traditional bistro at Le Giétro, modern european at La Ruinette, great curries and fish and chips in Le Couloir, super pizza in the Cafè de la place, you get the idea....

Of course there is the issue of the 4 vallées agreement having broken down, that may well be resolved by the time winter comes around and if not there are almost certainly going to be supplements to be paid for an extension.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Steve, dont know of the issue with 4V agreement, does that mean you have to pay for a pass upgrade?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29, More info here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2556996&highlight=televerbier#2556996 My hunch is it will get sorted. The canton have appointed a mediator to bang a few heads together.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve Sparks, Many thanks - Oh right, so nothings changed then, the Swiss still don't get on with each other and expect the punters to stump up to pay more for the privelege......thats that then we'll be sticking with Austria until they sort out their differences and wake up to reality that the average joe has a choice. Perhaps it was just had a vain hope that with the swissie/ £ reaching a do-able level it might be worth dipping back in, love the 4V been many times but the CH politics and consequent lack of recent investment appears to still be an issue. Not prepared to wait whilst the patch up their differences. Shame, good luck to the mediator, menawhile folks like me book up elsewhere.......... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks, been reflecting on this, will hold off and see what comes out of the mediator discussions, I'd appreciate it if you could update me once there's hopefully a resolution, keen to stay in Le Chable if this gets sorted.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29, Will do - apparently they're meeting on August 18th. Will keep you in the picture.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Steve Sparks, Many thanks - Oh right, so nothings changed then, the Swiss still don't get on with each other and expect the punters to stump up to pay more for the privelege......thats that then we'll be sticking with Austria until they sort out their differences and wake up to reality that the average joe has a choice. Perhaps it was just had a vain hope that with the swissie/ £ reaching a do-able level it might be worth dipping back in, love the 4V been many times but the CH politics and consequent lack of recent investment appears to still be an issue. Not prepared to wait whilst the patch up their differences. Shame, good luck to the mediator, menawhile folks like me book up elsewhere..........

I wish the powers that be in the 4 Valleys could see posts like these and get their act together. How many others are thinking the same as Markymark29, surely they can see the harm they will be doing by splitting up the area.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swissie, Me too!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swissie, Markymark29, they already have! A friend of mine does PR for Verbier and they have already been shared with the tourist office and Tèlèverbier. She also meets regularly with Eloi Rossier who is President of the Commune de Bagnes, who own 30% of Tèlèverbier.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve Sparks, Blimey, I'd better sleep with one eye open.....i'll be getting a visit from the Swiss special ops unit!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Sparks, Thats great to hear, lets see what the 18th brings, I wonder how many people have been in touch with our tourist office....might have to pop in.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy