Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late March - last minute vs book in advance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've often booked last minute and made great savings - £200 per person easily - but I've only really done this in January. This year a group of us (7-11, could be anywhere in between) want to go to celebrate a bunch of birthdays all in late Feb / March. Obviously want to avoid half term so it will be late March.

Have any of you booked last minute this time of year? Obviously we appreciate it's going to be more expensive going that time of year anyway but does the late deal thing mean you actually get better bargains, or are they the same sort of savings?

Is that period inherently riskier than booking late in Jan?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I booked last minute to go to Tignes in mid March last year, availability generally wasn't as good as January, but there was plenty of choice as long as you weren't fussy about where you went to.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ken_1969, the half term week is always the first to be booked, late March is never usually a problem unless Easter is early, not the case this season. If you would like to go somewhere different have a look at our ad in snowShops in our experience whatever you may gain by booking later is lost with more expensive flights.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 8-12-05 11:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David@traxvax,

As an aside, when are UK half-terms in 2006? I had my heart set on a trip w/c 4th March because that's the end of the French skool hols but I'm beginning to wonder whether I've picked UK half-term. Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, or one could book the flights now, and then the accomodation later, and save on both ends of the deal.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Red Leon, I believe that in the South of the UK, 1/2 term is from the 13th-17th Feb and in the North it's from 20th-24th Feb, so 4th March looks like perfect timing.
Kramer, that is so true but can you be certain you'll get the accomdation you want?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ken_1969, last season I booked an end of March trip at the start of March. I waited until I had returned from a previous trip, looked at the current conditions, and then picked a resort that had good conditions, and historically had good late season conditions.
If you are going to book late, don't limit yourself to one resort/country. Look around, and find the deal and conditions you want!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy