Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B&B in Saalbach area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to do a lads trip 3 nights from Thursday 13 Feb 2015. Dates not ideal I guess...

We are after a B&B which is good value and hopefully close to the lifts and nightlife (I don't know the resort at all)

Any suggestions ? Is this remotely possible ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know if you'll be able to get a 3 night booking in high season, but the good B&B's on the main street (i.e. 5 minutes to everything including lifts, nightlife, ski rental etc) are the Norika, Konig, Iris, Hagar - or try the online booking service at the Tourist Office website www.saalbach.com. Saalbach and Hinterglemm are compact villages, so almost all accommodation is within a 10 minute walk of the main lifts and nightlife. You can leave your skis and boots at the rental shops in town. The hotels on the road between the two resorts usually have minibuses for their guests, or it's €15-€20 / 5 minutes to either resort in a cab. There is also the free bus service that runs every 20 minutes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe Tatman's Tours might be able to help?

I do highly recommend the Konig, if you can get in there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a World Cup race in Saalbach on the weekend of the 21st & 22nd Feb:

http://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/events/winter-events/events-detail/article//Ski-Weltcuprennen.html

Plus it's UK half-term from the 16th Feb.

So the resort is already very booked-up. guinton's advice above is very good.

I would add that as you move away from the town centres, along the main road and side roads, then availability increases and prices drop. But then you will have to do some walking and/or take the bus. But the bus service is excellent.

Saalbach is a fab resort - you will have a great time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HoneyBunny, Thanks for the mention, but we can't help with a 3 day booking for a 'lads' trip' at that time.
Quote:

Dates not ideal

is an understatement! For a start, the Thursday on which day you plan to start your trip is the 12th, not 13th as stated. The UK half-term holiday starts that weekend, and Sat 14th is the day most people will fly out for their ski holidays for the second busiest week of the season after New Year week. If you're planning to leave on Sunday 15th, you may find it difficult to find accommodation, since most will be let from Saturday 14th. I agree entirely with quinton, particularly his suggestion that you search using the on-line booking service.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fasching is on the 17th too...
You may have gone by then but it'll be hard to find some short stays!
Going to be pretty busy round here that week!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
UK half-term has negligible impact on Saalbach - Brits make up a very small proportion of guests in the area.

If your focus is on skiing rather than partying, then consider staying in Leogang. The brand new gondola there will greatly improve access to the Ski Circus from that end of the area and prices/availability may be better than in Saalbach. The Leogang Tourist Office website and booking service is http://www.saalfelden-leogang.com/en

Blastfromthepast, the main problem you will face is getting accommodation for the Saturday night, as it cuts into the busiest week of the season, w/c 14th Feb. What you could do is leave your luggage at your accommodation and ski all day Saturday, then take the late Shuttle or taxi to Salzburg and have a night in a hotel in Salzburg before your Sunday flight home.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Austrian school half-term holidays:
Spring Break:
02/02/2015 – 07/02/2015: Vienna, Lower Austria
09/02/2015 – 14/02/2015: Tirol, Burgenland, Vorarlberg, Carinthia, Salzburg
16/02/2015 – 21/02/2015: Styria, Upper Austria
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone.

Unsurprisingly drawn a blank from the tourist office.

May see if we can go Wednesday to Saturday instead.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blastfromthepast, Coincidentally I've just been contacted by one of our previous guests wanting to book an apartment for three or four nights, so I wondered if there was any chance of you changing your dates and taking the other half of the week. It could work out quite well. They wanted to go in January but may be flexible if your dates are fairly fixed. If you're interested in this possibility, I suggest that you e-mail me.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blastfromthepast, We may also be able to offer you Sat 21st to Wed 25th Feb, as we have someone wanting to book Wed to Sun that week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy