Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intersport Ski Hire (No Snow)

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Has anybody hired through then and what di they do if there is no snow? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Expensive
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@louiscrow, if there's no snow why are you rnting skis?

Welcome to SHs by the way Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, I would guess that @louiscrow have pre-booked rental packages, maybe when being discounted a couple of months ago I have done that for our kids equipment, and there might not be a cancellation policy, will check with our supplier but as we are going in feb I would hope that it will not be an issue!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Exactly that skiing virgins. Booked early to make sure that I had planned everything. Did not plan for no snow though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@louiscrow, where are you going?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@louiscrow, just checked, and our insurance policy taken with the hire shop (sport2000) allows for cancellation up to 48hours before hand with full refund less admin fee (3euros), you may be able to claim on your travel insurance if you need to, worth checking.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@louiscrow, I did not want to assume as you know what that does.

I would think that they'd have to not charge you. But you need to check the contract you implicitly signed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Freerider, I will check thank you
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@louiscrow, who is Freerider?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@louiscrow, who is Freerider?

It's under your name.....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Snowhead, duh, I think I got that, already... snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
Expensive
Not two weeks ago in Tignes. Booked online with Intersport and paid €54 for two of us for 3 days - versus £60 for easyjet ski carriage (we normally put two pairs in one bag). Good skis too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skis now must be 1 pair only in a bag. they check too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bigtwinthing, who checks?

Pretty sure it's airline and airport dependent.
snow report
15kg sports equipment is what your buying from what I've understood. ?
snow conditions
some airlines now x ray the ski,s i saw 3 people get there bags taken off as there were 2 sets of skis in 1 bag, they had to pay an extra £35. If theres no room you have to take them off, is it worth it for £35 ?
ski holidays
@bigtwinthing, where did you see this? And how did the people working the scanners know each individual airlines policy and what they needed to enforce with each passenger? Some airlines say only one pair in a bag. Some just say a weight, and any number under that is fine. Knowing every single policy and when to apply it sounds like a lot of work for security scanners...
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
Hi Snowhead, duh, I think I got that, already... snowHead

But LoiusCrow hasn't NehNeh
snow report
They don't have to know the policy. Max weight for a ski bag is normally 15kg, ski weight about 9/10 with a bag, it isn't rocket science is it. If you value your ski,s £35 is worth it, i put my socks and back pack in the ski bag as packing, so can get more in my luggage. Its worked for 15 odd years.
ski holidays
bigtwinthing wrote:
They don't have to know the policy. Max weight for a ski bag is normally 15kg, ski weight about 9/10 with a bag, it isn't rocket science is it.
What if, for example, you are flying with British Airways who don't have a specific luggage policy for "ski carriage" and you have simply booked an additional bag to check in? Providing this is within size limits the weight limit is 23kg, easily enough for two pairs of skis.
snow report
@bigtwinthing, you still didn't say where you saw that?
latest report
I always have two pairs in one bag never had a problem in 20 years 😉.
snow conditions
You could have already paid for two sets in one bag. They do sell double bags. How could a scanner operator possibly know?
ski holidays
Quote:
Max weight for a ski bag is normally 15kg
Only with charter airlines - ie as used by package tour operators. easyjet (for example) includes a ski bag (as opposed to a pair of skis) in its luggage category of small sports equipment - max weight 20kg.
ski holidays
bigtwinthing wrote:
skis now must be 1 pair only in a bag. they check too.

Can I ask where you got this from? Which airline/airport? Where did you get the information from (website, other terms and conditions etc) Important to know as this is definitely a matter of airline policy there is not a blanket rule. This could be quite misleading as it suggests that in all circumstances it must be 1 pair when that is definitely not the case for all airlines.
snow report
@rob@rar,

We flew BA Glasgow to Heathrow then to Lyon. You just pay for an extra bag (make sure you do it online as its cheaper!!). I had 2 pairs in a wheelie bag with extra kit and my boots. No issues whatsoever, they didn't even weigh the ski bag! 46Kg total across two bags.

[/quote]
ski holidays
Quote:
.... category of small sports equipment - max weight 20kg
with EZY, if you have booked a hold bag and ski bag that gives you 40 kg total.

If you read the small print they allow you to split that between the bags with a max per bag of 32kg, so you could actually have 32 in one and 8 in the other
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bigtwinthing, yes for holidays booked with Crystal et al, but Easyjet has a weight system so you can have two pairs in one bag as long as the bag is not over 32kg. If you book a normal bag and a ski bag you get 40kg
snow conditions
For info, just at Manchester airport now having checked in.

Flying with Brussels airlines - checked in 1 suitcase + 1 ski bag, included in allowance for free. I did phone up in advance to have it added to the booking, no problem at any point. Bags contains 2 pairs of skis (though bindings are in main bag), poles and main ski clothes. Came to 14kg. (plus suitxase of 18kg). Check in agent didn't care, scanner staff didn't care etc. Not a single issue anywhere.

When I phoned up they did ask for the dimensions and approx weight just for their records, but didn't mind what they were, just that they had an idea for load planning i guess.

Oh, and ski boots in hand luggage through security no problem either Smile

That's just one airline of course - they all differ. But common oversized scanning staff for every airline in the terminal...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy