Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 3&4 Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lac de Vaux and the run from Olympic to Ruinettes open.
Both in very good condition.
It was possible to ski all the way to Medran, a bit thin in places but certainly skiable.
Some snow overnight fri-sat and it was tipping down with rain on sunday evening all the way back to Genva so it must have been snowing hard up in the mountains.
A good deal more snow is needed to open the bulk of the resort, there is only so much base that the snow-cannons can lay down.
Overall though...a very nice way to start the season!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The radio said this afternoon the snow should be down to 500 meters - was supposed to be there today but the comandeered me to do the christmas shopping - at least that is finished.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking at the cams it's belting down today. I'm hoping that they can get La chaux open for next weekend. If they can do that, then there's no (real) reason why they couldn't run the jumbo up to Mt. Fort.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Sparks wrote:
Looking at the cams it's belting down today. I'm hoping that they can get La chaux open for next weekend. If they can do that, then there's no (real) reason why they couldn't run the jumbo up to Mt. Fort.

The reason in past years has been that it takes a lot of snow to give ski-able terrain on Mt Fort. It doesn't seem to me there's been that much so far.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
But I understand this year, with the wet summer a metre of snow has fallen up there since last April and the crevasses have not opened up as they did in the summers of the last two years.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the forecasted snow didnt arrive here - less than 1 cm I would think - going up to verbier in the next 20 mins - forecast on the radio is for snow down to the lake .............we will see.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went to port de soliel to see a mates new chalet yesterday, very nice, 3 mins walk from the chair lift in pas du morgin - we had 2 inches of snow over night at 825m
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obelix67, glad to hear it! I'm going to Verbier this Saturday, so does anyone know how the conditions are at resort level 1500m? I'm so unlucky with the snow usually, i'm hoping that this time there will be shedloads... What are the chances of another 30cm during my week? Snowforecast is predicting not a great deal out to Monday next week, so if anyone knows different....!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am at verbier now / there is snow here in the village / not as much as port du soleil but enough. the joys of living nearby.

Forecast is expecting a big dump tomorrow.......yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wicked! Hopefully it'll continue during the week i'm there- 10th-17th Dec. Keep us all posted if there is any update locally?!

Cheers for the quick reply.

James
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thin snow just now they are hoping the base gets added to - lots of rock excursions
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One of the lads in our office was up there during last weekend still not much snow and still lots of rocks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just come back from Verbier this weekend. Conditions on Saturday were excellent given the time of year. Really good piste conditions and able to get into some limited off piste from the Funispace down to Lac de Vaux and also over at La Chaux. Only criticism would be not enough lifts working, but given the conditions the last couple of years not too surprising that they only have a skeleton staff operating. More snow forecast at the end of this week, roll on the 26th when we're out next!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would agree with BGA, lovely early season conditions. Skiied Fontenays yesterday and it was superb. You have to hike to get there at the moment because the new La Chaux express isn't open yet, but definitley well earned turns. Weather today lovely, although temperatures are rising and next weekend's forecast snow is needed.

The Jib night on Saturday was a blast. Route du Medran turned into a snow park for 12 hours, with rails and a car jump. Yet it was all clared by 2 am as I was able to observe as I meandered back from Le Pub Mont Fort. rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
there you can see the difference of opinion between a local swiss guy in my office and yourselves eh Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy