Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saloman boots and warranty question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought a pair of salmon boots from a reputable shop and on day 3 of wearing one of the clips snapped.
On return from holiday returned to the shop who said no problem will get a new clip under warranty, after a bit of coming and going on the phone, apparently they don't make outgoing calls?! (So why take our phone number) Three weeks later we popped in yesterday to collect boot and are presented with the boot with a new white clip, the rest are black. Shop assistant then says £15.00 please. After immediate protest dropped to £10.00 saying that Saloman said clips not under warranty.
I said OK i take it up with Saloman, at which point she said oh forget it, just take the boot!

So shoddy service from the shop or from Saloman?

Are boot clips really excluded from Saloman warranty?

Why have we now got one white clip.

Is this worth taking up with Saloman direct?

If so how?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How did it snap?

Coz the exclusions are:

II. Conditions and Restrictions

1. This Limited warranty: does not cover:
a) Normal wear and tear of the Product
b) Defects caused by the transportation (other than the initial delivery from SALOMON to the purchaser) or storage of the Product
c) Defects or damage caused by improper use, storage or poor maintenance
d) Damages due to non observance of the instructions of the Product’s user man-ual
e) Damages due to the modifications of the Product
f) Any impact caused by sharp or hard items or objects, due to torsion, compres-sion, a fall, an abnormal impact or other actions not under SALOMON’s rea-sonable control.

2. This limited warranty is not enforceable if :
a. The Product has been modified or repaired by any person or entity other than SALOMON or an authorized SALOMON retailer;
b. The Product has been repaired with unauthorized spare parts;
c. The Product serial number has been removed, deleted, altered or made illegible;
d. The claimant is not the original purchaser;
e. The claimant is not able to provide proof of purchase.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MJB, tough one, as tiffin says it depends on how it snapped?

impact damage etc ie. leaving clip open and catching it walking down steps or if you have a fall then not warranty, doing the boot up and clip snaps then i would say covered

in the interests of customer service we would normally replace it free of charge if there was no sign of impact, then argue it with whoever the supplier is, however if (to use an example) you drive your new car out of the dealership and smack a wall they do not replace the bumper free of charge

what boot is it? i might have a clip the correct colour in the workshop
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, It's a mission four in black, the clips are thin metal and plastic, it broke doing them up in the morning, so I guess other clips may break, good to know you can help in future because I have a feeling that other clips may break. I certainly wot be going back to the shop we bought them from because of their attitude/actions. The clip colour isn't that important for the drive to Bicester at this point but thank you very much of the offer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy