Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloucester ski slope - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is the best place to put this thread, so feel free to move it.

I was wondering if anyone has/is used the Gloucester dry ski slope and if so, is it any good? I used it years ago and fell and hurt myself..... really hurt myself. Certainly I learnt that if you are going to fall, do it on snow! Any input gratefully received. Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well falling on a dry slope is always hurt loads more than on snow but Gloucester is a decent slope.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, the off piste isn't up to much.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used it to learn to ski, ahem.....
That is , as complete beginners to get beyond snowplough and feel confident in being able to say we can parallel ski, once on snow for the first time...
Still learning but not on a dry slope !
It , in my opinion is great for that, the way the dry slope technology is, with the hexagonal patches you can hurt yourself quite badly if you fall awkwardly.
My wife broke her little finger in a simple fall, they do warn you not to hold your hands out when falling !
I think it is a great beginning tool, not so convinced vabout its usefulness beyond that, but then maybe that is why I am still learning !.....
I liked Gloucester slope but I think it changed owners last year, but service was never its strong point.... it was one of those places that they assume you have been before and knew their terminology, skiing practices and where every thing was....
I believe they have extended the one slope, certainly having two slopes is a great advantage.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bambionskiis, anything that gets you skiing can only be a good thing, go for it but wear old clothier and leather gloves.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
22 dropout wrote:
No, the off piste isn't up to much.
- the après ski didn't look fab when I popped in I must say!

Thanks noisey - I'm used to looking like a fish out of water around all things skiing tbh; at least forewarned is forearmed so to speak. I can get down a gentle blue now, but no more (and have no wish to) and feel like a complete novice for the first morning each time I ski. Didn't know they'd extended a run; that should make it a bit more interesting.

Think if I do give it a go, I'll get togged up markymark like you say. Someone suggested mittens instead of gloves so that your fingers don't get caught in the "honeycomb", which makes sense.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Given it sounds like it is still honeycomb it sounds like it hasn't been improved. The one they have put in on ours isn't like that and is nicer to ski on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think I may just have one or two trips to the Snowdome when I can. I went a** over t** the last time I went there though and ended up with damage cartlidge.................... from when I fell over in the play area bit with the kids Embarassed !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bambionskiis, I think they have replaced some of the honeycomb with carpet, at the top and at the bottom. I was going to have a nose at the weekend as we live 3 miles from it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wasn't that where Jenny Jones learnt her skills? There must be something to learn there, even if it's how much you love snow!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
they have recently extended the right hand slope to its original length, some 260m, the left hand slope has some snowflex and lums/jumps etc. We spend a lot of time up there in the summer racing, the bars a bit limited food wise, but overall well worth a visit. Check what days they are open though as i believe they are now shut monday and tuesday .
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There are two options on artificial slopes: either learn how to fall so that you don't hurt yourself, or lean to ski well enough to not fall.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy