Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thieving Gits

Poster: A snowHead
Just heard from a good mate that all his skis have been nicked from the locked rear section of his ski locker out in ADH. He's due out there next week with his family and is understandably extremely upset. Apparently 4 lockers were done in the same boot room which is often accessible from outside his apartment block as very few people other than owners bother to lock the access door at night. Seems odd to me that the toe-rags would bother to break open 2 doors and worrying to think that he may have been targetted within our small friendly village. Nothing to add just a rant really. Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard that about 100 pairs were taken from the ski room of a hotel out there recently, Inghams I think. Not sure how accurate that is though, it is second hand news.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick D, I was in ADH last week. I may be northern but it definitely wasn't me.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thecramps, Thanks for your honesty! Was actually in Oz where crime of this sort is thankfully pretty rare. Seems like somebody certainly knew what they were doing although maybe just pot luck with the 4 lockers they opened.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry to say, ski locker rooms are "raided" all the time, it appears to be quite organised too.... White van, 04:00 in the morning, quite a few scrotes all equiped, all doors/lockers, very quick.

Personally i suspect they bin the hire shop stuff and sell the good stuff in the next resort where they repeat "collection" process.

It's why we always advise people not to use ski lockers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marcellus, I think it depends to a great degree on location, first time in 10 years I've heard of this type of theft happening in Oz. I don't leave our skis in the lockers when we're not there but when we are skiing we do along with all our neighbours as its just not convenient to do otherwise. This theft wasn't from our building which although more remote is less easy to access (assuming people don't leave everything unlocked as is often the case).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ooooh we're off to Oz next week. Which building was it?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fenfilly, Residence Myrtilles.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm genuinely surprised. Oz is that last place I would have imagined for that sort of thing. That is such a bummer for your mate. Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fenfilly, I've very occasionally heard of people having skis taken when left outside a bar for hours on end (vacationing opportunists I expect in those cases) and a friend had all his skis taken from what were originally very badly designed lockers in our building when it was still a building site 10 years ago but generally Oz seems to have avoided this kind of nonsense, a bit of a wake-up call Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick D, ah I'd interpreted ADH as Alpe d'Huez...... my bad Sad

So far this season I've heard "Ski Locker clearance" having happened in several of the key French Resorts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marcellus, You're absolutely right, just not many people have heard of Oz Very Happy

Does make me wonder what they do with the rentals they nick.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Does make me wonder what they do with the rentals they nick.

Bin?
Take to Russia/other Eastern European country and sell to hire shops?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Husband had board nicked in Austria then handed in at police station. Clearly realised it was a 4yr old piece of lead- husband was devastated, he'd already picked out a new board with the insurance cash
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, Laughing
snow report
ADH /Oz being where?
snow conditions
Levi215, AdH - Alp d'Huez - Oz (forget real/full name) is connected village
snow report
Thanks Boris, learn something everyday
snow report
I never used to bother locking my old skis during drink/lunch stops on the mountain. This season I have been locking my new skis as they may be more desirable. I doubt if it would stop anyone determined but would stop someone taking them by mistake & make an insurance claim valid without deceit.
My skis have rare retro graphics so someone would have to be blind/drunk to take them by accident but I would hate to be stranded up the hill without skis. My insurance company would only have my word, so may be I am wasting effort locking them ?
Embarassed I was made to feel foolish in Jackson Hole when seen to be faffing with the lock Embarassed I had to explain I was from Europe where ski theft is not rare. I didn't see any other skis locked despite many being desirable high end ones.
snow report
We just mix up our skis in the ski racks so they aren't in pairs. Not that anyone would want to steal my incredibly tiny BBRs. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, similar - my very long old straight skis + other stuff were nicked from my flat in Tehran when I was away in Dubai for a few days. With some help from the neighbours the police caught the bad guys and recovered it all except the booze and my landlord brought it all back. I was planning some nice new kit.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
I had a snowboard stolen in Breckenridge a few years back - so its not unheard of in the USA. At least the police were as helpful and polite as you would ever ask for!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy