Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valdez Alaska

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here in Valdez gearing up for another great Heli season! The city of Valdez has about 4000 residents and there is amazing riding and skiing just out of town, I arrived a few weeks ago to get some touring in but unfortunately the snow pack was a bit less than stable so we were hitting the "Road Runs" a great way to get some runs right out of town, and there's no hiking involved because you start at the top of a switch back on the highway and get picked up at the bottom. The Road run can be pretty gnarly at times and are quite fun, quite a few different routes to choose from and makes for good times on down days.

We went Cat skiing with Black Ops Valdez yesterday, and it honestly couldn't have been better. we got five runs in and never crossed the same tracks twice off of a peak called Sugar Loaf and by the end we were beat. The snow was a bit heavy but still Amazing, and the BBQ at Robe lake Lodge was perfect and the hot tub after.

Hopefully if the weather breaks we will be jumping in the Heli tomorrow!! I have been up with Black Ops Valdez the last two years, and I have to say it's one of the best I have flown with and I highly recommend them plus their prices are the best I have found here. The photo below is from one of our LZ's last year! Such a rad day and I hope we get to repeat some of the same lines.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152186369732313&set=t.803662312&type=3&theater[/img]

Soon to come as well starting March 28th is the start of Tailgate Alaska and people come from around the world to enjoy 2 weeks of back country madness! Some say it's like burning man with helicopters but that's a goofy analogy. World class riding and world class people and friends make for great time up here. There's also a speed flying and kite festival and a extreme snowmobiling exhibition going on at the same time. It's a pretty rad 2 months ahead!

Come out and shred AK with us!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy