Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tested my Snowpluse airbag today. Plus filling the cylinder in Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I popped my 2.0 snowpulse in the appartment today as I hadn't tried it before and the guy in the Mammut shop in town said it was only 10euro for the cylinder to be swapped.

I was very impressed, it went off with quite a bang and the airbag surrounded my head on three sides, and would offer great protection. I'm not sure how I would keep skiing with it should I have to, and stuffing it back in was an effort. If one went off in a helicopter I wouldn't want to be there!

I'll let you know how I do with the replacement cylinder.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got a carbon cylinder for mine - noticeable weight saving & gives me the original as a back-up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, I'm envious. I might have to stroke one in the shop tomorrow. Can't see me forking out this late in the season, mind I haven't bought anything for ages..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, I'm not envious anymore. When I went to get my exchange cylinder at the Mammut shop in Chamonix for which they were charging me 10 euro, i enquired how much the carbon ones were. 199 euro, but they would give me 100 euro for the old one, deal done. So it was 100euro to save 200 grams. I'll be careful how much water I take next time out, the difference between a pint and a litre aprox 500 grams.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob wrote:
spyderjon, I'm not envious anymore. When I went to get my exchange cylinder at the Mammut shop in Chamonix for which they were charging me 10 euro, i enquired how much the carbon ones were. 199 euro, but they would give me 100 euro for the old one, deal done. So it was 100euro to save 200 grams. I'll be careful how much water I take next time out, the difference between a pint and a litre aprox 500 grams.

Depending on your pack you may also be able to remove the frame, there's another couple of hundred grams (I know this works on the RAS 30, can't speak for others).

Is the cost to exchange a used carbon for a new carbon also €10?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

If one went off in a helicopter I wouldn't want to be there!

Usually you have to put an airbag on the outside ski racks of the heli, they don't like them going off inside Shocked

The setup now with Snowpulse and Mammut cylinders is on an exchange system, so usually about 10 euro etc for any exchange regardless of cylinder type.

sah, I am not sure about removing the frame from the backpacks, you have to be careful of the construction on the bag, and how this affects the inflation of the airbag, it is possible if you mess around with it too much that the airbag would try and inflate inside the pack and not blow the zip and velcro Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
livetoski wrote:

sah, I am not sure about removing the frame from the backpacks, you have to be careful of the construction on the bag, and how this affects the inflation of the airbag, it is possible if you mess around with it too much that the airbag would try and inflate inside the pack and not blow the zip and velcro Puzzled

Is that an issue with the RAS Ride 30? I see what you mean, but the attachment points and the "loop around" strap keep the airbag right next to the burst zipper with or without the frame. I'll take another look though... it would indeed be false economy to compromise the airbag to save a tiny amount of weight!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hope you were descrete about it's origins
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CH2O, totally. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy