Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzburger Sportwelt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know the total length of runs in the Salzburger Sportwelt? I've got a figure of 860km for Ski Amade, which includes the Salzburger Sportwelt, but I'm only interested in the SS as it all looks easily accessible by bus while staying in Wagrain for a week.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flachau = 56km
Wagrain/St Johann/Alpendorf = 120km
Radstadt/Altenmarkt = 17km
Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl = 45km
Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl = 26km
Eben = 6km
Filzmoos = 13km

I make that a total of 283km.

Figures from Bergfex website. Of course quality is far more important than quantity, this area has both!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, You missed out Goldegg and Hahnbaum but they are usually only skied by locals and school classes. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, I couldn't find any info for Goldegg on Bergfex, I'm not sure I've heard of Hahnbaum? Have we been there?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, perfect, thank you! We can do without Goldegg and Hahnbaum, I think Laughing

Quality and quantity are both equally important...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, you haven't with me but I skied there a few times years ago! Think Fageralm in the middle of town but at least my hotel there was ski in ski out! wink wink

denfinella, there is a humongous amount of skiing for one week and you will be hard put to cover every single slope unless you are tick boxer who only does a piste once and never again! I've been skiing the area for the past 30 years and still find masses to entertain me. This year I've yet to ski Zauchensee or Flachau's main hill, but I do not feel I've missed out on anything. I've already had 3 full weeks there and have another coming up in 2 weeks, plus all my weekend trips. Staying in Wagrain you are definitely in the best place to explore if you are without a car.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am planing to fly into Salzburg on Thursday for 4 days skiing in and around Wagrain. Feedback on latest conditions on the slopes would be really appreciated. Great forecast for sunbathing but high temperatures concern me and wondering what time the snow starts going slushy ?
Many thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy