Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip report- Tignes Val Claret at half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Party- me 43 female, dd 13, DS 22 and his mate 24. Ability- me dire, dd intermediate DS and mate- fearless lunatics.

Travel- coach due to my leaving it too late to book anything else. Snow express from Victoria. Outbound journey was horrendous due to storms, flooding, cancelled ferries etc. however, the journey was made significantly less pleasant by the two obnoxious, grumpy drivers. There was no evidence of the free coffees and hot chocs in the morning etc. we arrived 4 hours late to Tignes.

Return journey was significantly better, pretty much on time etc. many thanks to Terry and Dave the two drivers who were pleasant, friendly and supremely efficient. A totally different experience and if I could book them for the next journey I would.

Apartment - booked through interhome online. Grand platieres11. We managed to collect the keys early and there were none of the reported long queues and we were in the apartment by 3.30pm. Apartments came with an individual ski locker which was quite handy. We ate out on the Saturday but on the Sunday discovered a number of problems with the apartment ie sockets literally hanging off the wall with exposed wires, a tap came off in my hand, not a single dinner plate in the apartment, just 2 side plates, all the cutlery and crockery was filthy and the large frying pan was literally 4mm thick with dried on omelette over the whole surface. I prepared myself for the visit to interhome expecting difficulties but I couldn't have been more wrong. They immediately prepared me a complete pack of brand new cutlery and crockery, apologised profusely and said someone would be round to fix the other items. This was at 4.30 pm on the Sunday. By the time we returned from ski school on the Monday morning everything had been fixed and a rep from interhome came round to visit us to check we were happy. Excellent service.

Ski hire- all pre booked with ski republic and their rent 2 for 1 deal. Skis and boots were all ready and waiting with our names on. My Dd had grown taller since I booked so they changed her skis- a very happy girl as she got a brand new Roxy pair, they even found her a suitably cool helmet. All the kit was really good quality and in excellent condition. We all left the shop happy with my daughter and the staff doing an impromptu Bob Marley act. They were super swift, super helpful.

Ski school- Esf group lessons for all of us. Fab instructors. No breaks which seems to be common for Esf and there were days when I needed 5 minutes for a drink or a wee but that may just be my age. I lived in fear of warm wet boots on one day in particular! Lots of technical instruction and not the follow me type lessons. The boys got so cocky after their first lesson that they had a go at Trolles their first black. A few people commented that they must have been trolleyed and the run will forever be known as such in our house.

Weather and conditions- snow, snow and more snow. Honestly it dumped almost non stop. Days were pretty much alternate zero visibility or blue skies and sunshine. Powder everywhere, sometimes scarily deep, on piste one day it was almost to my knees. Lots of moguls and Henri looked like the Olympic mogul course one day. The Verte was stunning in the fresh snow and the views on the blue sky days were amazing.

All in all a fab time was had by all and we are already planning the next trip.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jellybabe, that sounds a fantastic trip and some good info in there. Cheers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jellybabe, sounds like a great holiday after a rubbish start. Nice to read positive reports on the ESF after some recent grumbles. What are a dd and a ds?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mumsnet terms for darling daughter and darling son.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jellybabe,
My only coach trip was during French ferry port disruption and that took 24 hours to get to Austria so I know how it all started, but we too ended up having a great holiday snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Pieholeo wrote:

Nicely pre-empted, I was wondering....
I thought DS was a games console, dd a cup size Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Love the DS/dd comment. Horrible Americanisms. The darling bit may have been a bit sarcastic on my part as of course, being on a holiday at times they were anything but.

Re ESF, to be honest I was surprised how good they were. I had wanted evo 2 but they were full. This was our 3 rd week skiing and the 24 year olds first time in 7 years. My daughter passed her bronze star and as I said the boys were on the blacks. I got proper parallels even if I'm still a fraidy cat. Pretty good deal as was 338 euro each for 6 days including lift pass. The lift pass alone is normally 252 euro so ski school was cheap as chips too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr Pieholeo wrote:

you being a frequent poster there?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett wrote:
Mr Pieholeo wrote:

you being a frequent poster there?

One would imagine so! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jellybabe,
Great report and it sounds like Interhome came through and delivered. I must say I have heard lots of good reports from them from friends and was surprised at your report of the apartment, I guess it shows that many operators can make mistakes, rectifying those that occur swiftly is the mark of a good one.
Sounds like you had a really good trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy