Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another chance for SnOasis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following talks with the Department for Transport, the £300m SnOasis ski centre planned for Suffolk has been given another chance. Work at the site was due to start last year, but was delayed because of a series of planning setbacks. One of these was that the building a new railway station was set as a condition of the planning permission for the complex. Transport chiefs have now told the developer, Onslow, to submit a business plan for a railway station at Great Blakenham.
...If this is approved, it would be included in the next tendering process for railway operators which will begin in 2013, thus allowing the SnOasis complex to open in 2015.

For more, see: http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2012/09/03/planning-thaw-for-300m-winter-sports-centre/ and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-19439576
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally, I'll believe it when I see it. This whole saga has dragged on for so long. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong though......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No major conurbations, in Suffolk no chance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a house in Great Blakenham. I'm hoping the price of my property will rocket when we announce our bid for a future winter olympics!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Godfrey Spanner, manager of Onslow Suffolk"

Hah! It would take a right spanner to open a snow compex there. If I was looking for a site, I would be talking to the nice people who own the O2 centre. Post Olympics, there are tons of transport options to that site and it's just by Canary Wharf which must have the highest concentration of skiiers in the UK.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RattytheSnowRat, there's not enough space left in the O2 - would only be enough for a beginner slope.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RattytheSnowRat, it would be great as a snow centre, but now it's built up as an event centre, I can't see that happening.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They need to get the Beckenham Alps indoor slope (just down the road from the O2) back on line. They put in the foundations and then ran out of money. But it was a good site for it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball wrote:
They need to get the Beckenham Alps indoor slope (just down the road from the O2) back on line. They put in the foundations and then ran out of money. But it was a good site for it.
snowball,
Excellent Idea, I remember the old slope but a far more sensible location. Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball wrote:
They need to get the Beckenham Alps indoor slope (just down the road from the O2 - near the City Airport) back on line. They put in the foundations and then ran out of money. But it was a good site for it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Point is; Snoasis plans for 100m vert, for 415m slope (utilizing significant vert within the big deep quarry). 100m vert by 415m length; that's pretty steep (steepest indoor in world I think), its also FIS standard for races. Without being a major eye saw your not going to get that in London. Stratford proposal, if pulled off, is probably London's best chance of a good indoor centre, won't be anywhere near as good as Snoasis (if it ever happens). Should still be good though. Fingers crossed for both. Snoasis has dragged out for so long though, hard to believe anything they say and since the announcement of Straford's proposal in July 2013, heard nothing more. Frustrating.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RimeSublime, Snoasis not happening, the developers went bust I believe.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It was the BECKTON ALPS!!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has anyone heard anything further about SnOasis? Going past the site at Gt Blakenham I still can't see any sign that the project will ever happen. Thinking of moving to be nearer Snowworld in a couple of years instead; without SnOasis can't see any point in sticking around in Suffolk (apart from job and house at the moment). Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy