Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding tops skiing for injury risk

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
But the high injury rate among snowboarders is mostly due, he says, "to young, aggressive, testosterone-dripping males who think they have to do the biggest jump and the best tricks."

Snowboarders are twice as likely to get injured as skiers, according to a Vancouver study
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG wrote:
Quote:
But the high injury rate among snowboarders is mostly due, he says, "to young, aggressive, testosterone-dripping males who think they have to do the biggest jump and the best tricks."

And yer point being ?? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just checking to see if there was any life over on the dark side. Honest - nothing more to it than that.... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Medical Posting wrote:
so the tailbone takes the full force of the fall, injuring the snowboarders' backbones.... plus wrists and head injuries are more prevalent among snowboarders

Hence the advice to use wrist protectors and helmets, which I see a lot of boarders doing these days. Whether or not they are also wearing bum protectors I do not know....
The quote about "young, aggressive, testosterone-dripping males" by Dr Sydney McKnight suggests he might not be a very good "family doctor ". Young males are by definition testosterone-dripping and aggressive.
And charming, and noisy, and funny, and bloody annoying, and so was I when I was "young" (though maybe not charming).
(Sorry Oisin Osh Kelly: I hope I haven't ruined your macho image...)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After taking a few hits (including mild concussion - but that may be from olympic human bowling!!!!!) on my last trip Mr P may well be adorning a helmet in the 2005 season!!!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And you were going to take the p#ss out of me if i bought one! (Or was that Nosha?) Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am no longer young and testosterone dripping... but am the proud owner of a fine beast wig... one or two grey hairs included.

Dr Knight's attitude reminds me of a doc we saw in Andorra last year. Getting a friends ribs x-rayed. The way the guy looked at us and all board/ski casualties yah think we were doin it on purpose. Probably a very well off man from us snow peeps.

Anyone else ever come across that kind of 'not another skier' attitude ?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Who cares if they get injured!?

They impress us girlies and thats why we sit all day just watching them.

Skiers doing jumps etc is just sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not the sort of 'Sick' jumps ,Myself & Phil The Air Prior do!
We even have our own Trick Book! Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blimey, my back and head are testament to the ridiculous tricks we were doing on our last trip!!! Shocked me hurts!!!!!!! Mad

Next season the jackson 540 will be perfected!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And i will attempt the Rigermortis 180 ,With Stack! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm gonna go for the invert 360 faceplant and see how injured I can get!! Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No more than usual i'd think Rich!
When i got my stuff back my missus noticed i had a very shiny back pocket.....why she asked ,no idea i replied.........ah those were the jeans i had on for Olympic Human Bowling! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah look at that: Nade shows up and suddenly the thread goes all "360's and 540's".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
These boys just have to impress us girls....even when they can only talk about it Wink
ski holidays
Thats where you're wrong,all our 'New' 'Sick' Tricks were performed on the last trip to Saalbach,& even video'd!We're gonna send them in to one of the more extreme Snowboarding Mags & see if they're interested in signing us up! Wink
snow conditions
Yeh a faceplant riggor of a 9ft hut! Sweet as! Thats gonna be in our new video feature................."Shamown volume 2 - Laying it down in Saalbach"
snow report
Who needs the pros when the world has the Snowheads Resident hardcore boarders!?!?! Cool
ski holidays
sounds like this would qualify as a "snuff movie" !! Very Happy
snow conditions
Come on then. publish the video on the web.......if you dare Wink
latest report
Philip Prior wrote:
Yeh a faceplant riggor of a 9ft hut!
Admin! Help! Another request. Can we have a translation service please?
(Not anything to do with Jabba is it?)
ski holidays
Well its quite straight forward really.
A Faceplant.......
A Riggor (Mortis.....like a corpse being chucked off something)
& a real life 9ft Hut......Not Jabba!
Looked quality!
Oh forgot to mention he was a skier........(Ok a boarder did it aswell!)
latest report
Nosha did the riggors. Jimmy the ski guide was guilty of tremedous faceplants off the hut. Everyone else landed flat before bailing (purely for the camera as proper landings are boring!!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy