Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paris airport transfers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am flying into Paris (CDG) and then taking the train down to Moutiers in a couple of weeks' time. For various reasons, not least the heavy and unwieldy ski bag (combined with my Mr Muscle style frame) the Metro/RER doesn't look particularly attractive as a way to get from the airport to Gare d'Austerlitz. So, a private transfer seems like a good option...except that the transfer services in Paris are terrible, if the balance of opinion on t'internet is to be believed. So, can anyone recommend a transfer firm? We could just get a taxi from the airport, but I prefer to have stuff booked in advance to avoid the stress of the taxi queue.
Thanks Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mgrolf, Kids have done the RER, not difficult at all,
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
uber?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RER very very easy in my recollection ( used to do with fencing bag). Taxi will almost certainly be slower than RER unless very off peak. Driving ( or being driven) into the centre of any major city is not my idea of efficient transportation where decent transport links exist
wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mgrolf, as mentioned above: RER is easy.
Many of us have done similar journeys with large ski bag, boot bag and backpack.
Good warm up for skiing snowHead

Have a look at this site to reassure you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the reassurance @Hells Bells, @Randomsabreur, @Jonpim. If it was just me I'd definitely be using the RER and not thinking twice...but my family don't travel particularly well and I want to avoid unnecessary stress. Time isn't a big factor as we've got several hours to get across Paris on the way out, and are staying overnight on the way back. But avoiding stairs, long walks with heavy bags etc is important hence my concerns with the RER. I know it seems strange to be worried about a little effort when we're going on an active holiday, but there are reasons. At some point in the journey, I expect that I will be carrying/dragging all our bags myself and so even a short flight of stairs becomes an issue.
I'm sure I've read somewhere that it is easier to change at St Michel-Notre Dame, rather than Gare du Nord (staying on RER rather than transferring to the Metro). Anyone done this and can comment?[/b]
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mgrolf, living in Paris here, I confirm that taking the B RER to St Michel then the C to Austerlitz is the better option. There might be a flight of stairs or two at Austerlitz, but not at St Michel if I remember properly. Also, C trains tend to be quiet so better with bags.
Either way, it's probably less stressful than a taxi in the PM traffic.
Hope it helps!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy