Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Holiday Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm a 26 year old male teacher, very keen to go skiing at Easter (thinking about the 5th of April). Unsurprisingly none of my friends are keen on paying school holiday premiums (I don't blame them!) Anybody in a similar situation fancy teaming up?

I'm quite an experienced skiier, although I have rarely ventured off piste. I'm very easy-going and would be up for the apres ski side of things, without going too overboard - there's skiing to be done! I'd be looking at the higher resorts in the hope that there'll still be plenty of snow, eg. Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Plagne, Les Deux Alpes...not too fussy though!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eorpa, Easter is much later than April 5th. Its almost the end of April and one of the cheapest weeks of the year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnE, school holidays begin much earlier in the month. eorpa, welcome to snowheads. snowHead There will be no school holiday premium if you DIY your own holiday, though flights with easyJet etc are not very cheap at that point. Pices for French apartments, however, will be at their lowest. If you have to go on your own an apartment is not ideal - have a look at the holidays in UCPA centres in France, marketed through Action Outdoors in the UK. Very competitive all-in prices - full board, lessons (some at a very high level, and including off piste in some centres), lift passes and equipment are all included. Lots of enthusiastic reports about UCPA holidays on snowheads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are interested there may be some deals going,

http://www.skiworld.co.uk/search-results?searchDt=05%2F04%2F2014&searchDtMonth=&searchDuration%5B%5D=&searchCountry=7&searchResort=185&searchAccomType=0&searchDepartFrom=&searchAdults=1&searchChildren=0&searchInfants=0

I've booked and paid for a week solo in Solden Austria, 5th - 12th April 2014 with neilson ski.

I'm a college lecturer, same issues with the girlfriend and mates not paying the high prices, plus I'm an advanced snowboarder though I'll be having off-piste lessons from the 7th-10th whilst I'm out there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm also looking for a ski trip...more info in pm Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies! After Pam W's tip-off I checked out the UCPA/Action Outdoors website and the reviews on here. I liked what I saw and booked a week at the UCPA in Tignes for the 5th of April! Works out very reasonable, with everything included (including lessons).

I've never been "solo", and woke up this morning thinking "did I really book that last night?" Really looking forward to it - I couldn't go a third season in a row with no skiing!

Anyone who fancies joining, check out the Action Outdoors website...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy