Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1 day trip on the Eurostar Ski Train

Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am seriously considering taking the Ski train on Friday 28th Feb for 1 day's skiing in Les Arcs returing on the Saturday evening 1st March.
I won't get a chance to ski again this season otherwise.

Does anyone else fancy joining me on the journey and slopes or will anyone be in Les Arcs on the 1st March for me to ski with?

I'm 38, female skier but boarders are welcome and I can ski all slopes (finally lol!! Smile )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like an expensive day on the snow!, if you do it, myself and one other are stuck in bsm for 2.5 hrs that sat eve waiting for the train, join us for a meal?
Me 48 male
Other 30 ish male
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am living just along the valley and will happily meet up with you for a ski that day! I am a 46 year old level 5/6 all slope skier. I just hope for your sake the weather is good that day. Message me if you wanna meet up ... I can pick you up at the station and drop you back too Smile
Tim
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Make sure you take advantage of 'samedijeski.com' for a cheap lift pass!

You register on http://www.samedijeskie.com/index.php, print of the voucher and get a 1 day lift pass for €24 euros instead of €48.
I'm surprised not more people take advantage of this scheme....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thule8442, we'll be on the train on Friday 28th Feb though we are heading out for a week. We're staying in Bourg for the first Saturday night. We're an early 30s couple, ski all slopes and off piste when we can. Would be nice to meet some (more) snowheads.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thule8442, what's the cost of the train?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there, the train return is showing £156.50 at the moment but for some reason it's not letting me book it on the Eurostar website but on http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/
Gamsbock, if I go, it would be nice to say hello and if your happy for me to join you skiing, that would be great. Benski007, if you are free that day and want to ski, would be great too Madeye-Smiley

Thank you araird, I have seen that link but because my French is limited, I wasn't sure how to go about getting the voucher.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
araird wrote:
Make sure you take advantage of 'samedijeski.com' for a cheap lift pass!

You register on http://www.samedijeskie.com/index.php, print of the voucher and get a 1 day lift pass for €24 euros instead of €48.
I'm surprised not more people take advantage of this scheme....

Can we specify a particular saturday? as i want it for the 22nd March.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thule8442, keep us posted:-)

sn00boarder, if I've understood it correctly, you buy voucher for the Saturday you want on the preceding Wednesday. You print the voucher at home, then exchange it for a pass at the lift pass office on arrival. The exact price is negotiated weekly and I guess depends on demand for that particular Saturday.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can probably get a voucher the wed before and print it off .... as Gamsbock said keep us posted, I too am always happy to meet up with a few fellow snowheads for a day on the mountains Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Gamsbock and Benski007, I will know this week, just need to confirm that I can get the Saturday off work Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gamsbock and Benski007, Eurostar tickets booked!!!! I'll PM you both Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thule8442, Have a look at this thread Smile

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=823002&highlight=les+arcs+weekend#823002
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
genepi, I love it when people link to that! there is another from the 2nd day trip I did. see if I can find it...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Genepi, the report from holidayloverxx was what gave me the encouragement to do this trip!! Very Happy

I've not skied in Les Arcs before which is why I've asked if other Snowheads will be in the area so I don't waste the day getting lost Shocked
snow conditions
thule8442, Very Happy

apparently I didn't write a report for the second trip....unfortunately there was a massive delay and I didn;t get to Les Arcs till about 11:00am. Still had a great day though. I took my own advice and rented skis, took a pillow instead and left my stuff at the rental shop at 1600 rather than Polaire Star (because of the opening/closing time). I'd also worked out the navette so didn't have to trudge to the funi. Lovely meal in Bourg and home in time for Sunday lunch. what's not to like!
snow report
Well done Thule8442 .... pm with the details! I will have a big Nissan Navarra there so you can leave yr kit in it. Smile
ski holidays
Did the guy from York do his I day trip or not? I haven't seen the report and I can't remember his name
ski holidays
NE1 wrote:
Did the guy from York do his I day trip or not? I haven't seen the report and I can't remember his name

Hey! yes i did, i had a look for my old thread but cant find it anywhere then stumbled across this.

I still havent got round to wring a report but i have started in a word document.

In preperation of my report, did it last weekend and it was brilliant, im not going to lie i have only just got over it, come 3 oclock i was starting to lag and i have been absolutly shattered for the last couple of days but well well worth it.

If you can afford it and have this as the only option to hit the slopes like was with me a really really recommend.
ski holidays
Gämsbock wrote:
thule8442, keep us posted:-)

sn00boarder, if I've understood it correctly, you buy voucher for the Saturday you want on the preceding Wednesday. You print the voucher at home, then exchange it for a pass at the lift pass office on arrival. The exact price is negotiated weekly and I guess depends on demand for that particular Saturday.

Its 27 euros this week.
ski holidays
I did a similar trip in 1990 when working for Bladon Lines. Took the train out on Friday, skied Val d'Isere on the Saturday, back home by Sunday lunch. What a weekend - what a brag to you coworkers on Monday... Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I'd have loved to join you for this but am away that weekend for my other half's birthday. Fully intend to do something similar before the end if the season so would love to hear how it went for you all.
snow report
Hopefully everything will go smoothly next weekend. If I get a chance, I'll write a report of some sort on here Toofy Grin
latest report
thule8442, Thanks for the food for thought. Might have to consider this one. Let me know how it goes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy