Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My what a fine helmet you have there Mr Vader

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, newbie here.....

I'd be interested to know what the general concensus was about helmet wearing.

You see... I've spent years & years on motorbikes & only come to snowboarding recently.... I've had it drummed into me about safety, especially with regard to head injuries & I feel pretty exposed if I don't wear it - however - it makes my bum look big and my hair look like a shire horse. What's a girl to do?

I reckon they look ok if you can do all those spinny twirly jumps & things - but I can't, I can't even run without flapping my arms so I'm never gonna be in that league.... should I just stick with a pink hat with a kitten on the front or something?

so.... helmets.... hot or not?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Honda Kitty, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

There's a thread on this already on the 'piste' thread, have a look at the below:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=10358

All puns on helmet aside, I suppose helmets are of course a good idea. I have one but have never worn it (Embarassed) but intend to when I go away next. I don't know how much sliding experience you have but it really is so easy to 'catch an edge' and give yourself a knock on the noggins. Never say never to the 'spinny twirly jumpy' stuff!

Why does your bum look big in a helmet?

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Honda Kitty, welcome to snowHeads, as saxabar, says there is already a thread on the subject, in the end it comes down to personal choice, however I think that for begginers, children, off piste skiers and those people who want to play in the park they're advisable, for recreational skiers it's up to you
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doh!

Sorry for the reeeeeeeeeepost..... I'm not familiar with my surroundings yet. Wink

I have very little sliding experience, two 1 week trips to Europe & about 30 dome visits - so still a novice..... so far I have bruised my coccyx, broken a finger, strained a shoulder & had more bruises than the bananas in sainsburys.

P.S. Girls bums look big in everything! it's the law.

Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Honda Kitty, 30+years skiing 2 sprained ankles, I bruised neck and a case of flu, are you accident prone or is it just that boarders fall over more than skiers ? Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, I'm not particularly accident prone... I think it's cos I don't like the idea of being a fumbling bumbling novice & wanted to reach my biking equivalent standard in one season flat..... Very Happy

I've had a look at that helmet thread.....thanks... I think it pretty much sums up all the for and against arguments!

Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, don't you think 30 years is a long time to be on the nursery slope? wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf wrote:
Honda Kitty, 30+years skiing 2 sprained ankles, I bruised neck and a case of flu, are you accident prone or is it just that boarders fall over more than skiers ? Laughing

dude, you're just going too slow. Toofy Grin

4 years snowboarding, 2 fratured vertebrae, 6 stitches on my chin, 10 stitches in my head and a cold. (1 per year in fact Smile )

BTW I wear a helmet (once bitten ..). And before you say it, 2 were bad luck, the 6 on my chin was my fault. Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Diarmuid, yes I know I just can't do better than 98kph Sad

saxabar, gosh you've been on the nursery slope for 30 years Shocked that does seem a bit long wink and there was me thinking you snowboarders picked things up quickly Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf wrote:
Diarmuid, yes I know I just can't do better than 98kph Sad

I assume you're timing whilst nursing your cold on the nursery slope. NehNeh
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
saxabar, there's a speed trap on part of the Lauberhorn race track where you can test how fast you are
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Diarmuid wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

dude, you're just going too slow. Toofy Grin

4 years snowboarding, 2 fratured vertebrae, 6 stitches on my chin, 10 stitches in my head and a cold. (1 per year in fact Smile )

BTW I wear a helmet (once bitten ..). And before you say it, 2 were bad luck, the 6 on my chin was my fault. Embarassed

wow and I thought I was accident prone!

broke 4 ribs first time i went snowboarding in Utah, luckily towards the end of a 10 day trip, then bettered that by breaking my collarbone on the first run of the first morning on a trip to Sauze...I was coming down the mountain in an ambulance as most people were still queuing for the lift.... Shocked

I wear a helmet now after I had a fall on sheet ice in Passo Tonale a couple of years ago, has certainly saved me a couple of times since then in same tricky conditions....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Actually.... I've been a bit of a liar liar pants on fire....

My Son was reading this thread last night & pointed out that I have broken THREE fingers in the last year... TWO of them were quite horrific - in a car door (nearly severed) - and one was boarding.... he says I am not accident prone but a liability....

I'm working on a new invention for my next trip.... it combines the functionality of an airbag, a spirit level, some twine and pure genius.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yup, you're right. Guinness helps, levels the spirit, gives you wind and leaves you feeling inventive for twine. Razz
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Honda Kitty wrote:

Equipment : I've got a Hello Kitty watch that miows in Japanese Smile

I particularly like this comment Laughing

Welcome to snowheads, Honda Kitty, snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.....

Very Happy
snow report
I broke someone elses finger. Sat on his hand getting on a chairlift. Quite what his hand was doing there we never worked out Very Happy

I should point out that neither of us was wearing a helmet at the time - there's a lesson there for everyone Puzzled
snow conditions
rich, yes, when waiting for your hand to be sat on Shocked , wear armoured gauntlets Laughing
snow report
Did you have any Butt Protection then Rich? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy