Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Passes Massif/Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI
Looking for some information for those who are familar with the Grand Massif. We are heading to Les Carroz on the 9th of February so hoping op beat the Mid-Term rush. We are 2 Adults and 3 kids aged 7-11 and I have been looking at ski pass options. At least 2 of the kids will be in Ski School in the morning so I am thinking it is unlikely during the week that we will need Grand Massif passes as unlikely to get above Flaine as tied to picking up from ski school at 12 every day and then skiing with kids in the afternoon.
Massif passes for the week for the 5 of us would be €821 - does anyone know do they do a family discount on Massif passes? For the Grand Massif a 10% discount is offered for 2 Adults and 2 children so if we got this+ 1 child with a Massif pass the cost would be €857 so not much more expensive
Can't find any information on family discount for Massif passes on the web but they may be available in the village - anyone any knowledge?
Also anyone know the cost of a day upgrade from a Massif to Grand Massif pass?

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not sure how it works out with three children. However with 2 children we bought the family pass for the Grand Massif. We were based in Les Carroz but our children ended up with an instructor to themselves who was happy to meet us higher up the mountain, eg. Tete des Saix enabling us to ski as a family in Flaine for the afternoon one day. I think it depends how good your children are at skiing as to whether they will mange to ski over to Flaine, do a few long runs there and ski back after a morning in ski school. Our two were 3 star and bronze level and managed it ok. The link over to Flaine is sometimes closed in bad weather so it is best to chose a sunny day to head over to Flaine if possible. Another option would be for you to pick your children up from ski school in Les Carroz and drive up to Flaine for the afternoon (if you have transport).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You'll have loads of skiing between LC and Morillon to keep you interested for the week. Kids will probably get tired anyway and not really necessary to go to Flaine just for the sake of it. Could be a bit challenging for them if beginners too. You should find all ticket info on GM website not seen special discounts in resort before.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simone, Extension costs here

http://www.lescarroz.com/uploads/tarifs-rm-grand-massif.pdf

basically if you have a 6 day massif pass its 15.50 extra a day for access to flaine

There is no family discount for massif, check with ski school if your kids are in gold that they don't need a grand massif pass
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We found the Grand Massif side to be much more interesting to ski than the Flaine side, and much quieter.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ringingmaster, Massif is all outside flaine, grand massif includes flaine. If you are in flaine, and just want to ski there, then Flaine pass.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for your input. Carroz thanks for that info, I could not find any mention of a family discount for the Massif on the web but thought a 'local' like yourself might know if one existed. We will probably go for the Grand Massif family pass as the costs are very similar and we can keep all our options open and hopefully get up to Flaine on a good day . Driving up after ski school might be a good idea.

Have another quick question on Ski School - my younger 2 are booked in the ESF into 1st and 2nd star classes and I was looking for a bronze medal class for my son (11 years old). He has not had ski lessons for a couple of seasons as he has ski-ed with his cousins in the Pyrennes. His technique really needs some work though and he would like a group class. The ESI says if there is a demand when we get there they will run a class at that level - anyone have an idea what the chances of this are? The down side of going the last week of low season! Might just put him in a 3 star class at the ESF for 3 days.... or a couple of private lessons
Really looking forward to the trip now!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carroz, Yes, I mean Massif, not Grand Massif.

I will keep quiet before I add more confusion. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy