Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets/Morzine area pass - photographs now required?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone tell me if you need to provide photos for a 6 days local area pass and do they now print these on the hands free cards?

I'm trying to get the family discount (4 people 10%) online

I've got hands free cards from 2012 but the new website isn't letting me add the cards to my account.

If I take them to the ticket office am I correct in saying that I cant get the tribe discount as that's online only - but I could get the family discount. What evidence would I need to provide?

Thanks for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We booked our PdS family pass today, reloading last years cards. No photos, but we did have to prove we are family for the 10% discount, and for some reason we have been charged for another card????
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ropetow, Photo only for 8 days or more.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A couple of years ago we got the family discount at the ticket office in Morzine without providing any proof at all. Which was fortunate, because we were only in loco parentis for one of the youngsters. The previous year in Chamonix I got given passes for a family of 5, even though I asked for a family of 4 plus one extra and handed over 5 passports, one of which was a completely different surname to the other 4! This year we went to Alpe d'huez, and to get the family pass you had to book it 10 days before online. We were a family of 3 and a family of 5, and I didn't have the nerve to pretend we were 2 families of 4, so we paid full rate for our 16 year old daughter. When we got there and picked the passes up they asked for no proof at all, so we could have done it. So they don't seem too particular in France about actually being a family!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
how does it work if you still need photos? don't the lifts read your pass while it is in your pocket? it has been so long since I used a lift pass that needed to go into the machine that I would nearly avoid the place that required it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just reloaded our previous year's PdS passes online to get the family discount. I attached passport scans as proof.

We're lucky enough to have 8 days half-term skiing this year thanks to a well-timed school training day, but there was no request for photos on the website.

I suspect the lifties will never check, but I won't believe the whole process has worked until the green light flashes at Pleney on the first morning. Definitely taking all the paperwork with me just in case.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
head_like_a_rock, were you charged for an extra card at 3 euros? For some reason we were and we can't see why. Much the same as you, we'll see when we get to the Pleney if it's worked or whether we'll have to visit the lovely ladies in the office.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
biddpyat, Your photo is displayed on a screen that the lifties can see when your card opens the gate. They do check.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowfraise, no charge for an extra card but they did sneak 5 lots of insurance on before checkout, which I promptly removed. I was slightly concerned that the payment screen didn't appear to have a secure https address.

Flaine skier, thanks. So would they know you're using an 8-day rather than 6-day pass and pull you up for not having a photo? Just seems like more work for them in hellish half-term week. The cards of course have the dates they were first issued printed on them i.e. 2011 and 2012 and still say 6-day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The lefties stand by the gates on the Chavnnes Express chairlift in Les Gets with tablets in hand - quite busy the other day when we skied down there, our fault for timing it wrong - so lots of people and the liftie came over to me and wanted to see my pass - its a seniors season PDS pass and not sure what he wanted to see - perhaps counting the wrinkles on the face matched the wrinkles on his tablet photo.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy