Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva vs Chambery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interesting debate - I have got the choice of a 6am Geneva flight, with 3.5hr transfer and inevitable 4am start (and probably hotel the night before)

Or.....

Chambery flight, with 2hr transfer, and here's the kicker - at 2pm, so no hotel the night before etc or bonkers early start.

What would Snowheads do? Am I right to gamble on the later flight, but risk the Chambery weather, or get up at stupid o'clock?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"Am I right to gamble on the later flight, but risk the Chambery weather, or get up at stupid o'clock?"

Obviously, the correct answer is, yes. Now, what was your real question?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What date?? Later spring tends to have slightly better weather at Chambery. Also as fog is one of the 2 main issues at Chambery it has often gone by late morning as the sun burns it off. Chambery only has massive weather issues two or 3 times a season and Geneva can still end up snowbound (as it is so busy it has to close the runway to clear snow whereas at Chambery and Grenoble they can run the ploughs up and down in between aircraft arrivals and departures). Its a closeish call but I would go for Chambery and a lie in,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You will not get a consensus from snowHead but I would go for Chambery.

it's a 2pm flight, so any early morning fog is likely to have cleared, it's a shorter transfer, which is also nice. It is a bit of a shed, but if you ignore that it's always my airport of choice for that region.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you....

why not to fly into Chambery
why to fly into Geneva
why to avoid both and go to Grenoble or Lyon
or
why to drive
or
why to use the train....

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What time is the return flight? I personally dislike waiting around all day to fly so I would factor that into the decision.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ansta1, Don't forget the coach from Victoria!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chambery every time for me. I hate GVA.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would check the return times (it isn't always the same plane back). IMHO, it is the check in chaos that is the worst aspect of Chambery. If you can avoid a return take-off time of around 10:00 to 14:00 ish (seems to be TUI's preferred time), I would opt for Chambery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy