Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea / Montgenevre Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're staying in Montgenevre in March and have got a hire car this time and we'd like to ski in Sestriere / Sansicario / Sauze d'Oulx for 1 - 2 days. We'd also like to ski 1 day in Serre Chevalier and 1 day in Puy St Vincent (went to Puy years ago and we'd like to revisit for a day!)

Does the Via Lattea pass cover us for as many days as we'd like across Montgenevre / Claviere / Sestriere etc. Does it also allow skiing in Serre Chevalier and Puy St Vincent?

Does anyone know the best pass to get and prices / link to the prices?

Cheers
Liz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you need an International pass (more expensive!) to ski in both countries, I've seen it mentioned somewhere here before. I'm only familiar with the Italian side and haven't bothered going across to Montgenevre. If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected here!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pretty sure the Via Lattea pass gives unlimited access to Monty & Claviere, with 1 additional day on the rest of the Milkyway or Puy / Serre Che.....might be wrong though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Via Lattea pass covers Mont G and Claviere, you then get 1 day free in other resorts and have to pay a top up for any more
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is called the Galaxy Ski Pass when I did mine a couple of years back.

Basically it is on a 6-day pass. Holder is allowed unlimited access at the resort it is purchase. All other resorts, Via Lattea possibly counted as one, Montgenvre, Serre Chevalier, Put St Vincent, Le Deux Alpes and L'Alps d'Heuuz, can be visited free for one day.

In 2011 I tried them all so it really worked.

I purchased mine in Serre Chevalier and it is automatic in every French resort using the Serre Chevalier pass. The receipt came with a voucher for Via Lattea. On arrival at Cesana, as it is easy to park there, the ski pass office took away the voucher and gave me a day pass.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As Timbobaggins said...

Your standard 6 day ski pass gives you unlimited access to Claviere and 1 free day on the Milky Way, Serre Chevalier, Puy St Vincent, Bardonnechia, Deux Alpes and Alpes D'Huez. So you can ski a different resort every day.

If you want to ski Sauze and Sestriere more than once, you can pay for a €30 extension on the day.
Price for a standard ski pass is €208.50, you can get it cheaper online. http://montgenevre.eliberty.fr
You can buy a ViaLattea pass that gives you unlimited access to the Milky Way for €240.

Alternatively your accommodation provider might be able to get you preferential rates.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a note to say that I'd recommend driving to Sauze / Sestriere rather than skiing. I stayed in Claviere a couple of years ago and I'm a very fit and fast skier and it took ages to get to Sauze on a not very appealing route. You'll have a far better day out if you do
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, so sounds like the galaxy pass would be the one. Dsoutar, yes definitely think we would drive over to sestriere rather than try and ski over.

Saying all this, we've now had a slight change of heart and I'm tempted to book Alba di Canazei in the dolomites now. That's my problem, I decide on one thing and then look at other areas and think I fancy those as well. If only I could have more skiing hols a year!! I always book late, but this means there's a lot of option to change my mind!

Mid march might be a bit dodgy for dolomites but the snow has been good so far so tempted to say it could be the year for it!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy