Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

16yr Old Briton Zak Carrick-Smiths wins Alpine Combined Gold

Poster: A snowHead
I've not seen much press about this, but I'm super happy that Zak Carrick-Smith has won gold at the Youth Olympics in Korea in the Alpine Combined event.

I've been skiing with his Mum and Dad for the last 20-odd years with Snoworks and have seen the three boys, Luca, Freddy and Zak, grow into awesome skiers. They are all competing for Team GB and will smash it in the future.

I'm so pleased for Emma and Phil, who have put everything into the kids living their dreams with little support from the establishment.

https://olympics.com/en/news/gangwon-2024-zak-carrick-smith-history-great-britain-men-alpine-combined
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bod, Brilliant result. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Terrific!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely with a thread on its own, tremendous result.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A great result for nice people!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead Great stuff, congrats.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to know there is a future for the downhill events for GB.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I did some Snoworks courses when the kids were still small, and I used to love the videos of them skiing at that age. Stylish, fearless and incredibly cute.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go Zak! It only seems 20 minutes ago they were knee high (and better at skiing than me then !).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now on the BBC sports news website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/68053059
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zak has just taken Silver in the GS, complementing Gold in the Combined! Slalom is his strongest discipline…
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
Glad to know there is a future for the downhill events for GB.
In other news from GB Snowsport, Molly Butler came 10th in giant slalom, the best result in 50 years for Great Britain at an Olympic event. She moved up 11 places in alpine combined after claiming 6th best time in the 2nd run in slalom, and in her second start in super G in two years, finished 27th out of 61 competitors.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is a nice interview with Zak at the Youth Olympic Games

https://olympics.com/en/gangwon-2024/video/youth-olympics-champ-zak-carrick-smith-hoping-to-take-gb-alpine-skiing-to-new-he
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, what a delightful young man
ski holidays
If anyone would like to support Zak with a small financial donation this is the GoFundMe account. There's great potential shown by Zak, along with his twin brother Freddy and elder brother Luca, and with very little support available for GB snow sports any donation you could offer I'm sure will be much appreciated.

https://gofund.me/bc01150a
ski holidays
Zak has just taken Gold in the slalom. Brilliant results for him across the Youth Olympic Games, two Golds and a Silver.
snow conditions
The "catapult to stardom", absolutely fantastic!
ski holidays
My goodness! How brilliant.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Zak has just taken Gold in the slalom. Brilliant results for him across the Youth Olympic Games, two Golds and a Silver.

Astonishing. Massive congratulations on a quite stunning achievement.
snow conditions
Fantastic achievement. Let's hope for some WC medals in the future!
snow conditions
This is some performance.
snow report
Zak and his twin brother Freddy will participate in the Junior World Championships next month.

Freddy is ranked No.1 in FIS for his age group. Zak was chosen for the Olympics on their early season rankings, so there is much more to come from both.
snow report
This really is an astonishing achievement! Congratulations to the whole team, let's hope Team GBR get right behind them.
latest report
Freddy was top u18 at the Junior Worlds on the weekend
snow report
Very nice guy too. If you're like to hear an interview with him, I spoke to him for Episode 200 of The Ski Podcast (about 43 mins in)
https://audioboom.com/posts/8454794-200-chamonix-jasmin-taylor-zak-carrick-smith
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4c87yZf9pYOO1rVSStM9zJ

http://youtube.com/v/gaWqe5udwL8
snow report
Kooky wrote:
This really is an astonishing achievement! Congratulations to the whole team, let's hope Team GBR get right behind them.

I think it's Phil and Emma, not team GB, that we have to thank.
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
I did some Snoworks courses when the kids were still small, and I used to love the videos of them skiing at that age. Stylish, fearless and incredibly cute.

Same here, Emma brought their tiny kids to St Anton with us punters. Couldn’t have had two better coaches.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi everyone.

Late to the party as had missed this. Phil, Zak and Freddy presented at an event last night and it was really inspiring.

A group of us decided to donate to help them with their journey so their GoFundMe has been updated.

I hope that I'm not violating any of the rules of the Forum but if anyone else would also like to support them then the link it here ...

GoFundMe Link
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
If anyone would like to support Zak with a small financial donation this is the GoFundMe account. There's great potential shown by Zak, along with his twin brother Freddy and elder brother Luca, and with very little support available for GB snow sports any donation you could offer I'm sure will be much appreciated.

https://gofund.me/bc01150a

Sorry rob@rar, I managed to speed-read the forum and missed that you'd already posted the GoFundMe link. Still can't help to reiterate ...
snow report
@Blackblade, no worries, always good to highlight ways in which the Luca, Freddy and Zak can be supported as they make their way towards top flight competition.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy